Close Problem
Author Message
 Close Problem

Quote:

> In I window which I have, when I call the 'close' call, the program crashes,
> or REALbasic crashes if I am only 'running' the program. This happens every
> time, yet if I don't use the close command, and simply press the button in
> the corner of the window, it will close properly without a problem.

When exactly are you calling 'close'?  This is undoubtedly the problem.
Once you close the window, you must not attempt to do much of anything
with it -- you must return immediately, and if this is in an event
handler, you should return 'true' so that RB thinks you've handled the
event and does not attempt to handle it any further (this only applies
to events with a Boolean return type, of course).

HTH,
- Joe

Fri, 05 Nov 2004 21:46:58 GMT

1. File Closing problem

2. CW2.0 App crashes upon window closing PROBLEM

3. Clipper: File loking / closing problem w NetWare 3.2

4. bizarre File open, read, close problem on Win98?

5. strange file open/get/close problem

6. CW55PE release H when I close a wizard generated application the IDE closes as well

7. mdi app not closing down, some threads just won't close #2

8. Device file not closing on close command

9. to close or not to close?

10. tcl-dp confuses expect's close call with builtin close

11. Dangling Closing Parentheses vs. Stacked Closing Parentheses

12. close of an arbitrary stream may close *terminal-io*