Getting the IP Address within RB
Author Message
 Getting the IP Address within RB

I'm working on a project where I need to retrieve the current machine's
ip addr as well as the router address from open transport. How can I
obtain these informations within RB itself or do i need to write a
plugin?

Please post the reply via email can I'm having problem reaching this
newsgroup from my site.

regards,
Ching Ping LEE

Sat, 08 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Getting the IP Address within RB

Quote:
> I'm working on a project where I need to retrieve the current machine's
> ip addr as well as the router address from open transport. How can I
> obtain these informations within RB itself or do i need to write a
> plugin?

> Please post the reply via email can I'm having problem reaching this
> newsgroup from my site.

> regards,
> Ching Ping LEE

I don't know for the router address, but you can IP address with a
socket object (click on the button with a globe and drag it to the main
window). If you need to access Open Transport function, it would be
easier for you to access them via the shared libs rather than a plugin.
You can get Open Transport shared libs with other shared libs at
ftp://ftp.apple.com/developer/Tool_Chest/Interfaces-Libraries/Libraries/
SharedLibraries.hqx and since there are many OpenTransport shared libs,
you can see which function is in each of them with PEF Viewer (also
available somewhere in apple's ftp). For a toturial on how to use shared
libs, go to Christian Brunel's home page (I don't remember the url, but
many sites hae a link to it, including RB monthly and RB webring).

Mon, 10 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Anyway to get the server ip address not the browser ip address

2. Getting an application's name from within RB

3. getting current ip-address

4. Winsock Woes - Getting IP Address

5. Getting Client's IP Address

6. Getting the dynamic IP address of a dialup interface (ppp0)

7. getting the IP address of the local machine

8. Getting local IP address...

9. Getting ip address and browser info

10. getting clients ip address

11. Smalltalk Win95 / NT Getting IP address

12. Hot to run AppleScript within my RB prog?