CPU/System Info
Author Message
 CPU/System Info

Hi,

I need to retrieve the users Processor type (e.g. 7450) and speed, Mac OS
version, the model name (e.g. PowerMac 6200) and if the computer is a
PowerPC or 68k. Retrieving these must be compatible with 68k, PPC and Carbon
environments.

Any ideas anyone?

See ya :-)

-------------------------
Chris Willis

-------------------------

Tue, 20 Jan 2004 04:45:05 GMT
 CPU/System Info

Quote:

> Hi,

> I need to retrieve the users Processor type (e.g. 7450) and speed, Mac OS
> version, the model name (e.g. PowerMac 6200) and if the computer is a
> PowerPC or 68k. Retrieving these must be compatible with 68k, PPC and Carbon
> environments.

<http://monkeybreadsoftware.de/realbasic>

Plugin Section. The Hardware Plugin may help you.
It's not completely perfect till know but it works.
Some functions don't return values for 68k or Carbon.

The thing with the Computer name may be difficult.

For old preG3 models, I could hard code it (select case of machineID),
but for older ones?
You should check the NameReg plugin if you find the correct path.

Mfg
Christian

--
"Merke: Mac-User wollen nicht die beste Bohrmaschine, sondern die
sch?nsten L?cher in der Wand."

Tue, 20 Jan 2004 04:53:40 GMT

1. Which CPU / development system for embedded system

2. Info about CPU-architecture's

3. Cpu Type Detection (Free info!)

4. 8086 cpu info

5. Interrupt to get CPU info.

6. CPU Timing on several operating systems

7. Tcl threads in Multi-CPU systems

8. CPU Design HOWTO v2.0 - To design, test and manufacture CPUs

9. Clockless CPUs: a.k.a. Asyncronous CPUs

10. SP on a 64-bit CPU and DP on a 32-bit CPU

11. Info on jump starting 2nd CPU in SMP system.

12. info exchange between APL systems