Window frames.
Author Message
 Window frames.

Hi,

I am trying to change the frame of a window whilst the program is running. I
tried self.frame=7, but nothing happens. I also tried closing the window,
and then reopening with a new frame, but this doesn't work either. Any
suggestions?

Thanks,

Graeme

Sun, 04 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Window frames.

Quote:

> I am trying to change the frame of a window whilst the program is running.

You can't do that.  (Nobody can; it's not allowed by the OS.)  The best
you can do is fake it by closing the window and opening a new one with
a different frame.

Cheers,
-- Joe

Sun, 04 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Window frames.

Quote:

> > I am trying to change the frame of a window whilst the program is running.

> You can't do that.  (Nobody can; it's not allowed by the OS.)  The best
> you can do is fake it by closing the window and opening a new one with
> a different frame.

I'd like to change the frame bevor the window is opened.
What about a function like:

mywindow.create
mywindow.create(frame as integer)
mywindow.create(frame as integer,visible as boolean)

So I could create the window, set it's frame and visiblity and the I
could use .show or .showmodal to show it after my initilization.

Also for
w=new mywindow
I could use .create as a constructor:

w=new mywindow(7,false)

Mfg
Christian

--
Windows: It's Just Work
Macintosh: It Just Works

http://www.christians-software.de (Free Mac/Win software)

Mon, 05 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Put window inside window/frame

2. How to keep a windows frame on top??

3. canvas with large window (frame)

4. ContextMenu on Window Frames!

5. Dimensions of window frame

6. Procedure screen out of the window frame.

7. Window Frame Debugging?

8. List Boxes on Window Frames

9. toplevel with window frame only

10. Trapping window frame events

11. Creating toplevel window frame with titlebar only

12. Bug: missing window frame