Timer Control and Alarm - Warning extreme Newbie
Author Message
 Timer Control and Alarm - Warning extreme Newbie

Hi,

I am but a humble RealBasic newbie in search of aid for my first endever
with the timer control.  I understand how it works, somewhat, and please
don't laugh too loud at this:

I am creating a program that needs to alarm the user at whatever time I set
in a edit field.  How do I do this using the timer?  Is the timer the best
method for this?  I think I need to assingn the current time to a variable
(not sure how...:)) then assign the inputed alarm time to a variable (I
think) and then compare the two every so many seconds.  Am I on the right
track?  A little push in the right direction from you RB Guru's would be
most appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Humble RB Newbie.

Tue, 14 Oct 2003 11:08:15 GMT
 Timer Control and Alarm - Warning extreme Newbie

Ahh.  I figured it out, it was not that hard at all.

Newsgroups: comp.lang.basic.realbasic
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 03:08:15 GMT
Subject: Timer Control and Alarm - Warning extreme Newbie

Hi,

I am but a humble RealBasic newbie in search of aid for my first endever
with the timer control.  I understand how it works, somewhat, and please
don't laugh too loud at this:

I am creating a program that needs to alarm the user at whatever time I set
in a edit field.  How do I do this using the timer?  Is the timer the best
method for this?  I think I need to assingn the current time to a variable
(not sure how...:)) then assign the inputed alarm time to a variable (I
think) and then compare the two every so many seconds.  Am I on the right
track?  A little push in the right direction from you RB Guru's would be
most appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Humble RB Newbie.

Wed, 15 Oct 2003 11:05:13 GMT
 Timer Control and Alarm - Warning extreme Newbie

Quote:
> Hi,

> I am but a humble RealBasic newbie in search of aid for my first endever
> with the timer control.  I understand how it works, somewhat, and please
> don't laugh too loud at this:

> I am creating a program that needs to alarm the user at whatever time I set
> in a edit field.  How do I do this using the timer?  Is the timer the best
> method for this?  I think I need to assingn the current time to a variable
> (not sure how...:)) then assign the inputed alarm time to a variable (I
> think) and then compare the two every so many seconds.  Am I on the right
> track?  A little push in the right direction from you RB Guru's would be
> most appreciated.

> Thanks in advance,

> Humble RB Newbie.

   Timer would be the way to go as you'd need it to set off (every so
often) a routine to compare the times and then do something.

Tue, 21 Oct 2003 10:06:48 GMT
 Timer Control and Alarm - Warning extreme Newbie

Thanks for the reply Daniel.  This sounds like such an easy app, but man it
has been challenging for a newbster like me.

Paul

Newsgroups: comp.lang.basic.realbasic
Date: Fri, 04 May 2001 02:06:48 GMT

Quote:

> Hi,

> I am but a humble RealBasic newbie in search of aid for my first endever
> with the timer control.  I understand how it works, somewhat, and please
> don't laugh too loud at this:

> I am creating a program that needs to alarm the user at whatever time I set
> in a edit field.  How do I do this using the timer?  Is the timer the best
> method for this?  I think I need to assingn the current time to a variable
> (not sure how...:)) then assign the inputed alarm time to a variable (I
> think) and then compare the two every so many seconds.  Am I on the right
> track?  A little push in the right direction from you RB Guru's would be
> most appreciated.

> Thanks in advance,

> Humble RB Newbie.

  Timer would be the way to go as you'd need it to set off (every so
often) a routine to compare the times and then do something.

Tue, 28 Oct 2003 10:56:55 GMT

1. alarm timer

2. TASUG - Extreme Programming - Experience an Extreme Hour

3. alarm display summary listbox not updating as control reference

4. Newbie: How to sound an alarm

5. Newbie: Alarm at end of program

6. extreme newbie question

7. Extreme Newbie Question