launching an RB app from another RB app - appleevents
Author Message
 launching an RB app from another RB app - appleevents

Hi -

I want to be able to launch an RB app (app B)
from another RB app (app A). I have app B
setup to recieve appleevents. In fact I can use
app A to quit app B, so I know that the
applevent communication works. However I
can't figure out how use app A to launch app
B. I've even been trying to launch another app
like SimpleText and I can't figure out the code
to do it.

Thanks for any help,
-Matt

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Wed, 23 Jul 2003 07:30:06 GMT
 launching an RB app from another RB app - appleevents
You can just use the LaunchApplication (I believe that's the function's
name) function inside RB.

Jeff

Wed, 23 Jul 2003 07:54:46 GMT
 launching an RB app from another RB app - appleevents

Quote:

> Hi -

> I want to be able to launch an RB app (app B) from another RB app (app A).
> I have app B setup to recieve appleevents. In fact I can use app A to quit
> app B, so I know that the applevent communication works. However I can't
> figure out how use app A to launch app B. I've even been trying to launch
> another app like SimpleText and I can't figure out the code to do it.

folderitem.launch will help you.
To launch in background, get a plugin from Thomas Tempelmann at
www.tempel.org/rb

Mfg
Christian

--
Fr Newbies sollte es MacSoup auf Rezept geben: W?hrend Windoof-User
sich wegen ellenlanger Sigs oder Zitatzeilen bekriegen, ist man mit

Wed, 23 Jul 2003 18:49:39 GMT

1. Launching e-mail app from RB ???

2. Weird problem running two RB apps simultaneously in Win32

3. Localization (multi-language) apps with RB 3.5

4. Making your RB apps Scriptable

5. Slow running built RB apps on G3/400 system

6. scripting windows app from rb

7. RB apps slow?

8. Midi into RB app's HOW?

9. RB Apps on 7.5.5 with MacTCP dont run

10. playing a sound in your rb app?

11. Sending Emails from RB made apps?

12. Start running an uncompiled AppleScript by RB app