Select File or Folder
Author Message
 Select File or Folder

I'm working on an app for OS X and want to be able to select either a
file or folder in the same dialog for a single interface rather than two
(i.e. GetOpenFolderItem and SelectFolder).  Is there a way to make
GetOpenFolderItem do this?  I have had no luck including
"special/folder" in the filter argument after adding it to the file
types.  Am I going to have to write my own selection interface?

Thanks for any info.

- Joe

--
Why is Bush's tax plan bad for the U.S.?  Read "Fuzzy Math: The Essential Guide to the Bush Tax Plan."

--
PGP Key (DH/DSS): http://www.*-*-*.com/
PGP Fingerprint:  89B4 52DA CF10 EE03 02AD  9134 21C6 2A68 CE52 EE1A

Thu, 22 Jan 2004 07:57:32 GMT
 Select File or Folder

Quote:

> I'm working on an app for OS X and want to be able to select either a
> file or folder in the same dialog for a single interface rather than two
> (i.e. GetOpenFolderItem and SelectFolder).  Is there a way to make
> GetOpenFolderItem do this?  I have had no luck including
> "special/folder" in the filter argument after adding it to the file
> types.  Am I going to have to write my own selection interface?

I'm not sure whether this will help, but be sure you've looked at the
new FolderDialog class in RB 3.5.

Cheers,
- Joe

Thu, 22 Jan 2004 13:39:40 GMT

1. How to list files, folders and all their files under the folders

2. RB 4.02 Select Folder Problem

3. select folder

4. SHBrowseForFolder with a pre-selected starting folder

5. ?Select vi's from different folders

6. OODialog Tree view for selecting a directory/folder

7. Selecting a folder on local machine

8. select.select() on Regular Files?

9. Hierarchial ListBoxes -- expanded folder inside a folder?

10. creating folders and sub folders

11. Merge selected columns from two different files into another file

12. Making file path control only select directory paths not file names