Need win32 built and bevel button icons with transparency
Author Message
 Need win32 built and bevel button icons with transparency

Hello folks!

I'm wondering if there is a less time taking solution to use
transparent icons for bevel buttons on both Mac and Win32 builts? I
thought about using PICTs, because they are compiled in at compile
time into the builts (on win32) and so they show up there. My problem
is that on Macintosh platform the bevelbutton ignores the transparency
flag for pictures and picture masks don't seem to work either for
bevel buttons.
I tried the clipboard 'trick' but this doesn't make the pictures
actually transparent.

Remember: I can't use resource forks due windows doesn't support that.
(stupid ms)

greetings
Basti

Thu, 04 Nov 2004 00:18:29 GMT
 Need win32 built and bevel button icons with transparency
Greetings Basti,

The trick is to use both techniques. Set up your application to use PICTs
then, in the Open event of the BevelButtons, place the following code:

Sub Open()
   #If TargetMacOS
   Me.Icon = App.ResourceFork.GetCicn(139)
   #Endif
End Sub

This will make your application use CICN resources _ONLY_ on Mac OS. It
works for me (RB 4.0.2, Classic, Carbon, Win32) -- it should work for you.

Hope this helps,
Mark Linton

On 5/18/02 12:18 PM, in article

Quote:

> Hello folks!

> I'm wondering if there is a less time taking solution to use
> transparent icons for bevel buttons on both Mac and Win32 builts? I
> thought about using PICTs, because they are compiled in at compile
> time into the builts (on win32) and so they show up there. My problem
> is that on Macintosh platform the bevelbutton ignores the transparency
> flag for pictures and picture masks don't seem to work either for
> bevel buttons.
> I tried the clipboard 'trick' but this doesn't make the pictures
> actually transparent.

> Remember: I can't use resource forks due windows doesn't support that.
> (stupid ms)

> greetings
> Basti

Fri, 12 Nov 2004 07:55:24 GMT

1. transparencies in bevel buttons

2. Bevel Buttons' icon doesn't work

3. Menu ID of Bevel Button Menu

4. Bevel Button and Static Text

5. draging a bevel button

6. Removing checkmark from a bevel button menu

7. Beveled button edges

8. winico and transparency/alpha-channels in Windows icons

9. Image transparency on a disabled button

10. ICONS, ICONS, ICONS....

11. ICONS, ICONS, ICONS

12. Icons Icons Icons