German OS X Apps
Author Message
 German OS X Apps

When I compile Carbon applications with REALbasic 3.5.2, opening them from
MacOS X (10.1) I see the standard OS X Menu Items (such as System
Preferences, Log out, etc...) appear in German. Why?
I compile the application in "Default" language (tried also "English"), and
my OS X is configured to use Italian as first language and English as second
language. I tried also to delete German from the languages list, but it
doesn't work.

Someone can help?

--
Angelo Scicolone - MacOS Programmer and Webmaster

Website: http://www.*-*-*.com/

Tue, 04 May 2004 05:48:26 GMT
 German OS X Apps

Quote:

> When I compile Carbon applications with REALbasic 3.5.2, opening them from
> MacOS X (10.1) I see the standard OS X Menu Items (such as System
> Preferences, Log out, etc...) appear in German. Why?

First you can be happy about OSX recognizing the language.
But you can set it inside the build dialog with the country code.

Mfg
Christian

--
Hi! I'm a .signature virus! Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me
spread!

http://www.christians-software.de (Free Mac/Win Software)

Tue, 04 May 2004 16:48:11 GMT
 German OS X Apps

Quote:
>> When I compile Carbon applications with REALbasic 3.5.2, opening them from
>> MacOS X (10.1) I see the standard OS X Menu Items (such as System
>> Preferences, Log out, etc...) appear in German. Why?

> First you can be happy about OSX recognizing the language.
> But you can set it inside the build dialog with the country code.

The problem is that whatever language I select in the build dialog, the
result is the same: German menu items under Apple Menu and Application
menu!!
Someone has had the same problem or know a solution about it?

--
Angelo Scicolone - MacOS Programmer and Webmaster

Website: http://www.ziksw.com/

Thu, 06 May 2004 01:49:02 GMT
 German OS X Apps

Quote:

> Someone has had the same problem or know a solution about it?

No, but i have just tested it with the english version of Rb 3.5.2 with
the german version of OSX.1.1. Selecting the desired language in the
project settings works as expected. The default makes the compiled
application to display the Apple menu items in the german language.

The language setting in the build dialog has not any effect on the Apple
menu.

Uwe.

--
panic: We are{*filter*} here ...

Thu, 06 May 2004 03:34:14 GMT
 German OS X Apps

Quote:

> The problem is that whatever language I select in the build dialog, the
> result is the same: German menu items under Apple Menu and Application
> menu [since I'm running on a German system]!!

That shouldn't happen unless you're overriding the Plist resource, or
perhaps unless you didn't install the other languages you're trying on
your OS X machine.  When I change the Region pop-up to another region,
the Apple and Application and Help menus all change to reflect that
region.

HTH,
- Joe

Fri, 07 May 2004 07:46:05 GMT
 German OS X Apps

Quote:

> No, but i have just tested it with the english version of Rb 3.5.2 with
> the german version of OSX.1.1. Selecting the desired language in the
> project settings works as expected. The default makes the compiled
> application to display the Apple menu items in the german language.

> The language setting in the build dialog has not any effect on the Apple
> menu.

Oops.  That's a region setting in the build dialog, not a language
setting, and it's entirely possible that I was confused in my earlier
response.  Perhaps it really is the language setting that matters
rather than the region.

Cheers,
- Joe

Fri, 07 May 2004 07:47:14 GMT
 German OS X Apps

Quote:

>> The problem is that whatever language I select in the build dialog, the
>> result is the same: German menu items under Apple Menu and Application
>> menu [since I'm running on a German system]!!

No, I'm not running a German system!! I'm using Italian. I can't understand
from where comes this german!! I've not German apps and nothing to do with
this language on my system, someone can help me??

--
Angelo Scicolone - MacOS Programmer and Webmaster

Website: http://www.ziksw.com/

Fri, 07 May 2004 20:50:01 GMT

1. VAST551: OS/390 packaging problem with german code page (asciiToEbcdic-conversion)

2. GSN - GERMAN SMALLTALKER NETWORK (German language)

3. German Workshop Final CFP (in German)

4. German smalltalk scene (in German)

5. Building apps for Mac OS X only

6. Mac OS X : Volume(0) with app on the Desktop

7. Free disk space in Carbon/OS X apps?

8. invisible app. under Mac OS

9. How to get GetOpenFolderItem to choose OS X Apps

10. App-Ref: Need to break up a large App, App-Ref can help

11. Clarion Apps and OS/2

12. Need help with OS/2 Lan Clipper Apps