Can one call a UNIX shared library RB in OSX
Author Message
 Can one call a UNIX shared library RB in OSX

Is there a method of calling a UNIX/OSX compiled C or C++ shared library
from within RB? For example, the Postgres libpq.so.2.1 library in
/usr/local/pgsql/lib/.

Just wondering in the abstract if this is a possibility?

Mike

Wed, 21 Jan 2004 03:58:26 GMT
 Can one call a UNIX shared library RB in OSX

Quote:

> Is there a method of calling a UNIX/OSX compiled C or C++ shared library
> from within RB? For example, the Postgres libpq.so.2.1 library in
> /usr/local/pgsql/lib/.

> Just wondering in the abstract if this is a possibility?

I think you'd have to use a plug-in to form an interface to it.

Cheers,
- Joe

Wed, 21 Jan 2004 04:59:31 GMT

1. Mac shared library and RB

2. Python as a shared library on Unix

3. Shared libraries on IBM/AIX & DEC Unix

4. Python as shared library on Unix

5. Small bug in Tcl7.5a2: shared libraries for Unix

6. How to call functions in shared libraries

7. LabVIEW on Solaris - how do I call a shared library

8. newbie: Problem with calling functions in shared library

9. Answers to C calling Fortran 77 shared library on OSF/1 (long)

10. Shared library - called from C

11. How to call C function in shared library?

12. STX:Calling shared libraries?