Replacing the Finder by an RB Application
Author Message
 Replacing the Finder by an RB Application

Hi,

I have built a simple application using RB. It works well as a compiled
app.

I changed it's name to 'Finder' with Type="FNDR" and Creator="MACS".
Then I got a blessed folder by replacing the existing Finder with this
new one.

I restarted normally but the new "Finder" failed to launch  with
multiple "Failed assertions" messages.

How can I I replace the Finder with my own RB app ???

Thanks,

Alex.

--

We don't have a logo... but we do have software!
< http://www.*-*-*.com/ ;

Sat, 12 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. replace setup.rb/install.rb with builtin module

2. raf update [ruby applications finder]

3. raf - ruby application finder

4. Replacing HC with RB ... Where to Start

5. Replacing application windows VW2.0

6. Adding 'Applescriptability' to a RB application

7. My RB application's free RAM is terribly fragmented :-(

8. Getting an application's name from within RB

9. byte output via lpt from a RB application under win32

10. Dropping folder of files onto RB application

11. Q:problem running fat application built in RB

12. PC applications built with RB crash