"background" color of DisclosureTriangle?
Author Message
 "background" color of DisclosureTriangle?

I'm having a problem placing a Disclosure Triangle on a Canvas. (I want
it to scroll as in Matt's book). I've use fillrect() on the canvas'
graphic property to change it to another color.

The disclosure triangle seems to be 12x12, and the "blank" area outside
the triangle itself (ie, the rest of the 12x12 part not occupied by the
triangle) seems to be taking on the color of the window behind the
canvas rather than the color of the canvas.

I tried putting a rectangle behind the canvas and changing it to the
same color. That caused the "background" of the triangle to change to
the right color, but gave {*filter*} flickering. Tried changing the backdrop
of the canvas, too, but the triangle doesn't seem to know it's there.

Any ideas? Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks in advance...

Chip

Tue, 20 Jan 2004 05:23:47 GMT
 "background" color of DisclosureTriangle?
Figured this one out for myself...

The problem was that I was coloring in the Rectangle behind the Canvas
in the Canvas' Paint event handler. That was causing the flickering.
When I colored in the Rectangle in the Rectangle's own Open handler
(duh!), the flickering went away. Problem solved!

Thanks anyway for a great newsgroup!

Chip

Quote:

> I'm having a problem placing a Disclosure Triangle on a Canvas. (I want
> it to scroll as in Matt's book). I've use fillrect() on the canvas'
> graphic property to change it to another color.

> The disclosure triangle seems to be 12x12, and the "blank" area outside
> the triangle itself (ie, the rest of the 12x12 part not occupied by the
> triangle) seems to be taking on the color of the window behind the
> canvas rather than the color of the canvas.

> I tried putting a rectangle behind the canvas and changing it to the
> same color. That caused the "background" of the triangle to change to
> the right color, but gave {*filter*} flickering. Tried changing the backdrop
> of the canvas, too, but the triangle doesn't seem to know it's there.

> Any ideas? Am I missing something obvious?

> Thanks in advance...

> Chip

Tue, 20 Jan 2004 07:02:53 GMT
 "background" color of DisclosureTriangle?

Quote:

> The problem was that I was coloring in the Rectangle behind the Canvas
> in the Canvas' Paint event handler. That was causing the flickering.
> When I colored in the Rectangle in the Rectangle's own Open handler
> (duh!), the flickering went away. Problem solved!

Cool!  Nice work!

- Joe

Tue, 20 Jan 2004 12:19:04 GMT

1. "need Help for changing background color"

2. string.join(["Tk 4.2p2", "Python 1.4", "Win32", "free"], "for")

3. how to set background w/ "SysCreateObject"?

4. "failed to handle background error"

5. Background processes using "open" command

6. Colors in "self-made" queue-browse

7. "Hello World!" in Color Forth

8. "Color Forth Update"

9. modifying color of "Ada.Text_IO.Put"