Silly Screenshot Capture Question
Author Message
 Silly Screenshot Capture Question

I just wrote my first RB based program after being so disillusioned by the
Windows platform.

Anyway, this is not so much a RB question but anyway here goes. I am using OS
X and I tried to do a screenshot of the program using GRAB and it seems that
my program interface is always faded out. It was probably because it was
always sent to the back.

Is there any other way I could do a OS X based screen capture without all
this fade out ?

Thanks

Edwin

Sat, 20 Dec 2003 14:24:19 GMT
 Silly Screenshot Capture Question
Try Snap Pro X from www.ambrosiasw.com that is a very nice utility that can
do what you want and a whole lot more!

Jeff

Quote:
> I just wrote my first RB based program after being so disillusioned by the
> Windows platform.

> Anyway, this is not so much a RB question but anyway here goes. I am using
OS
> X and I tried to do a screenshot of the program using GRAB and it seems
that
> my program interface is always faded out. It was probably because it was
> always sent to the back.

> Is there any other way I could do a OS X based screen capture without all
> this fade out ?

> Thanks

> Edwin

Sat, 20 Dec 2003 22:17:21 GMT
 Silly Screenshot Capture Question

Quote:

> Anyway, this is not so much a RB question but anyway here goes. I am using OS
> X and I tried to do a screenshot of the program using GRAB and it seems that
> my program interface is always faded out. It was probably because it was
> always sent to the back.

> Is there any other way I could do a OS X based screen capture without all
> this fade out ?

Sure, bring your program to the front before completing the grab.  (Use
the 10-second timer delay in Grab.)

Cheers,
- Joe

Sat, 20 Dec 2003 22:33:37 GMT
 Silly Screenshot Capture Question
Gee, Thanks. That really did the trick. I think it must
be the lack of sleep or something, I thought that Timed Capture
was something which capture short movie clips or something. I
am not sure why I was thinking of that.

I think I should try to sleep soon. Thanks again.

On Tue, 3 Jul 2001 22:33:37 +0800, Joe Strout wrote

Quote:

> Sure, bring your program to the front before completing the grab.  (Use
> the 10-second timer delay in Grab.)

> Cheers,
> - Joe

Sat, 20 Dec 2003 23:19:46 GMT
 Silly Screenshot Capture Question
I have one called "ScreenShot Pro" for Classic and OS X. Take a look at that
one which gives you Screenshots and lets you save them in a number of
formats. You can download it at
http://www.code-line.com/software/screenshotpro.html. Its shareware, $14.95
and has 30 uses before you have to register.

BTW, I'm a bit biased, as I am the author.

Good luck,

Matheau

Quote:

> Try Snap Pro X from www.ambrosiasw.com that is a very nice utility that can
> do what you want and a whole lot more!

> Jeff

>> I just wrote my first RB based program after being so disillusioned by the
>> Windows platform.

>> Anyway, this is not so much a RB question but anyway here goes. I am using
> OS
>> X and I tried to do a screenshot of the program using GRAB and it seems
> that
>> my program interface is always faded out. It was probably because it was
>> always sent to the back.

>> Is there any other way I could do a OS X based screen capture without all
>> this fade out ?

>> Thanks

>> Edwin

Mon, 22 Dec 2003 08:39:30 GMT

1. Newbie question about Tcl/Tk cross-platform and looking for BLT stripchart screenshot

2. A silly Question from a beginner.

3. silly graphics class question

4. silly bytes question

5. Just another bunch of silly questions...

6. A silly Question from a beginner.

7. A Few Silly Questions to Ask!

8. VW2.5.2: Might be a very silly question

9. Silly Question (But One I can't answer)

10. Possibly a silly question

11. Silly Question - Is there a smalltalk home page?

12. Simple silly question -Reply