Callbacks in plug-ins. How?
Author Message
 Callbacks in plug-ins. How?

Hi!

I would like to write a RB plug-in which installs a callback function
(for registering MIDI events by coreaudio to process this data in my
app). Does anybody know if or how this can be done? (I think the
build-in Timer does something similar.)
Thanks for any suggestion!

Best regards,
 Sebastian.

Mon, 08 Nov 2004 18:55:58 GMT
 Callbacks in plug-ins. How?

Quote:

> Hi!

> I would like to write a RB plug-in which installs a callback function
> (for registering MIDI events by coreaudio to process this data in my
> app). Does anybody know if or how this can be done? (I think the
> build-in Timer does something similar.)
> Thanks for any suggestion!

It can be done, but CoreAudio requires loading frameworks at plugin
runtime. Maybe not easy.

Which function do you need?

Mfg
Christian

--
T-Online Hotline zu DSL Problem am Mac: "Sie haben einen Mac? Dann liegt
das Problem definitiv auf unserer Seite, denn am Mac kann es nicht

Mon, 08 Nov 2004 20:40:58 GMT
 Callbacks in plug-ins. How?

Quote:

>>Hi!

>>I would like to write a RB plug-in which installs a callback function
>>(for registering MIDI events by coreaudio to process this data in my
>>app). Does anybody know if or how this can be done? (I think the
>>build-in Timer does something similar.)
>>Thanks for any suggestion!

> It can be done, but CoreAudio requires loading frameworks at plugin
> runtime. Maybe not easy.

> Which function do you need?

> Mfg
> Christian

Hi,

it's not my problem to load frameworks since a wrapper is used. I would
like to have a piece of small sample code that explains how to write the
callback function part of the plug-ins source.

Best regards,
  Sebastian

Mon, 08 Nov 2004 23:52:51 GMT
 Callbacks in plug-ins. How?

Quote:

> I would like to write a RB plug-in which installs a callback function
> (for registering MIDI events by coreaudio to process this data in my
> app). Does anybody know if or how this can be done? (I think the
> build-in Timer does something similar.)
> Thanks for any suggestion!

You just declare an event on your class or control, then invoke that
event.  See the BoxControl sample in the plugins SDK (search for
"boxEvents" in its source code).

Cheers,
- Joe

Tue, 09 Nov 2004 00:52:17 GMT
 Callbacks in plug-ins. How?
BTW, if you're writing plug-ins, you really should join the rb-plugins
mailing list.  That's the best place to get help.

Cheers,
- Joe

Tue, 09 Nov 2004 00:52:38 GMT
 Callbacks in plug-ins. How?

Quote:

> Hi,

> it's not my problem to load frameworks since a wrapper is used. I would
> like to have a piece of small sample code that explains how to write the
> callback function part of the plug-ins source.

One of RS example plugins shows how to make an Event.

Mfg
Christian

--
PLZ Suche
Das neue Postleitzahlensuchprogramm

Vertrieb ber Arktis (www.arktis.de)

Tue, 09 Nov 2004 02:26:12 GMT

1. Plug-ins

2. help -- creating FileMaker plug-ins with REALbasic

3. Wanted: plug-ins

4. DECLARES, Libs, Shared Libaries, plug-ins, etc.

5. Writing plug-ins?

6. Plug-ins SDK

7. Application plug-ins

8. Plug-ins and App Size