Can a control reference its control array?
Author Message
 Can a control reference its control array?

        I'm working on a project, and I want to make it as OO as
possible, so as to maximize code re-use.  With that in mind, the
following thought occurred to me:  since a control can only be in at
most one control array at a time, is there a way to reference that
control array (and thus, other members of the control array?)
        The only way I know to do this right now is to make a reference
to the containing window, and its name for the control array.  But if
there was a syntax that allowed controls in an array to reference each
other, then code that was more reusable could be written; you wouldn't
have to customize it for each window type and each name for a control
array.

        -jc

--

* Home page:   http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~afeldspar/index.html
*          The home of >>Failed Pilots Playhouse<<

Tue, 07 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Control references and Page-Controls...

2. Delete a control from a control array

3. Control arrays in custom controls

4. Accessing a control from control array

5. control arrays and menu arrays

6. REAL Control Strip 1.0 - control strips for REALbasic applications

7. Creating a new control-class based on two or more standard controls

8. Disabling controls depending on other control values

9. Control-C and Control-Shift-C in VisualWorks 3.0

10. Entry control mysteriously CLEARED upon ACCEPT of control

11. Make the text control behave like the entry control