Need assistance with doing something [semi-LONG]
Author Message
 Need assistance with doing something [semi-LONG]

Hi.

Again I need help. I'm trying to make an app that makes startup
screens. Here is my code (the picture is in picturewindow.backdrop):

Dim file As FolderItem
Dim rf as ResourceFork
chasingarrows1.visible=true
statusbar.text="Creating File..."
file=getsavefolderitem("resedit/startupscreen","StartupScreen")
if file<>nil then
statusbar.text="Writing Picture Data..."
rf=file.CreateResourceFork("resedit/startupscreen")
rf=file.OpenResourceFork
rf.addpicture(picturewindow.backdrop,0,"StartupScreen")
statusbar.text="Done. Idle."
chasingarrows1.visible=false
end if

When I run it and open it in ResEdit (to check for the PICT that is the
picture and has ID 0) it's empty!

Any help would be appreciated.

BTW, this is why I asked  for the CreateRescourceFork syntax.

Prog III

Sat, 19 Apr 2003 20:54:25 GMT

1. Novice Programmer needs help doing something simple, MERGE

2. Array of properties (semi-long)

3. Extending the address space of MIT Cscheme (semi-long reply)

4. (Semi-Long) Re: Help me find my logic error (Fujitsu PowerCOBOL)

5. New Widget offered to the group (semi-long)

6. To semi or not to semi: opinion sought on small style questio

7. To semi or not to semi: opinion sought on small style question

8. Doing something with the .TXT on GPF

9. Why is SetKey doing something different?

10. Can something like this be done in Scheme?

11. Am I doing something silly?

12. PIL+Tkinter query (I must be doing something _really_ stupid)