MBASIC to RealBasic
Author Message
 MBASIC to RealBasic

I have an old Basic program, written in the days of terminals. Can it be
easily converted to RealBasic and given a GUI interface. It has stuff like
GOTOs and uses the colon as a logical line separator.

Wed, 12 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 MBASIC to RealBasic

To my experience BASIC in RealBasic is just a hint that:
-- it wants to be (and is!!) a Beginners All-purpose Symbolic Instruction Code
-- it has a lot in common with Microsofts Visual Basic

The general idea and syntax differs a lot from "classical" BASICs.
You perhaps should -alternatively - take a glance at OMIKRON-Basic
if you want to stay "basic".
There are demos (EasyFract,..)  www.berkhan.de

However...
I should recommend  to take the chance to learn RB and rewrite all your
programs from the bottom - it will pay!
Much fun
Mike
-------

Ben Sharvy :

Quote:
> I have an old Basic program, written in the days of terminals. Can it be
> easily converted to RealBasic and given a GUI interface. It has stuff like
> GOTOs and uses the colon as a logical line separator.

Thu, 13 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 MBASIC to RealBasic
no

-Squirrel

00000001
00100110
01001110
01100111
10110001

Life is a test, only a test.  If this were REAL life, we would have been given
better instructions.

Wed, 26 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Sound in RealBasic 4 Prof. (er, RealBasic)

2. Matching Data Types between RealBasic and the RealBasic Database

3. realbasic to excel/realbasic vers excel

4. Looping over a directory and reading Jpegs into a database -- Realbasic 4.5

5. Access serial (via USB) port in RealBasic - example source wanted

6. Is this doable in RealBasic?

7. RealBasic 4.5 ???

8. WTB: Older version of RealBasic

9. RBscript missing on 68K system with realbasic 3.5.2

10. Audio Recording in realbasic?

11. questions about realbasic vs.VB for machine control

12. ODBC in RealBasic