Precision Plugin
Author Message
 Precision Plugin

I am releasing my freeware Precision Plugin for PPC and Carbon
REALbasic projects. It is a light version of my MPCalc plugin, but is
not based on an RPN calculator interface. Rather it is more like C in
its behavior. As an example, here's how you would divide two very large
numbers at a precision of 20. The first argument number is divided by
the second.

dim result As String
MPLsetPrecision 20
result=MPLdiv("1.234567e2538", "5.6789e1234")

You would find in result the string:

2.1739544630122030675e1303

You can do an MPLsetPrecision up to 30000. Of course, computations go
slowly at large precisions.

Precision Plugin has almost all the REALbasic functions, but at much
higher precisions. It also has flow control functions for looping. And
functions can be nested. There is extensive checking of inputs to catch
incipient mathematical errors or overflow or underflow.

Download page:
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Bob

Fri, 17 Sep 2004 12:11:05 GMT

1. Precision Plugin 1.7

2. Precision Plugin 1.5

3. netscape.plugin.Plugin?!

4. Convert single precision to double precision

5. Constant precision & type/precision promotion

6. Internal Precision Vs. Unformatted Precision

7. HP Fortran question: precision of double-precision?

8. double precision vs. single precision

9. single precision or double precision?

10. Double precision runs fast tan single precision in MS Fortran

11. Multiple-Precision Operations (was Re: Quadruple-Precision Floating Point ?)

12. more precision! more precision!