system reboot
Author Message
 system reboot

Does anybody know a way to restart the user's computer from an
RB app? I'm writing an installer program and when it's done I want
the machine to restart.

I think it can be done with an Applescript, but I'm a little bit worried
about backwards compatibility with Applescripts. I'm not sure if a
script that works on OS9 will work on OS8 or 7.5. I thought I heard
with OS9 Apple rewrote much of Applescript.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Fri, 24 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 system reboot
I'm not sure about how to reboot from REALbasic, but there shouldn't be
a problem with compatibility and AppleScript.  Apple has added new
functions the language, but I don't think a simple script to reboot the
machine should be a problem.

I'm sure you could also send some raw apple event to the Finder to
reboot as well.

Quote:

--
Rich Wynne
richwynneATmacDOTcom

Sat, 25 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 system reboot

Quote:

> I'm not sure about how to reboot from REALbasic, but there shouldn't be
> a problem with compatibility and AppleScript.  Apple has added new
> functions the language, but I don't think a simple script to reboot the
> machine should be a problem.

tell application "Finder" to reboot.

or as an AppleEvent.

Should work from System7 to Sytem X.

Mfg
Christian

--
Gebrauchtwagenhaendler zum Familienvater: Schauns, kaufens Ihnen doch
glei an Reisebuss, man weiss doch nie ob Ihre Frau nicht wann mal

Sat, 25 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 system reboot

Quote:
> Does anybody know a way to restart the user's computer from an
> RB app? I'm writing an installer program and when it's done I want
> the machine to restart.

> I think it can be done with an Applescript, but I'm a little bit worried
> about backwards compatibility with Applescripts. I'm not sure if a
> script that works on OS9 will work on OS8 or 7.5. I thought I heard
> with OS9 Apple rewrote much of Applescript.

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

just enter restart in an applescript?

Sat, 25 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 system reboot
For me the following code works:

RestarterWindow.doRestart:
Sub doRestart()
  Declare Sub ShutDwnStart Lib "InterfaceLib" ()
Inline68K("3F3C0002A895")
  ShutDwnStart
End Sub

RestarterWindow.doShutDown:
Sub doShutDown()
  Declare Sub ShutDwnStart Lib "InterfaceLib" ()
Inline68K("3F3C0002A895")
  ShutDwnStart
End Sub

I am sorry that I don't know the original author.

Regards,

Sjoerd

-------

Quote:

> > Does anybody know a way to restart the user's computer from an
> > RB app? I'm writing an installer program and when it's done I want
> > the machine to restart.

> > I think it can be done with an Applescript, but I'm a little bit worried
> > about backwards compatibility with Applescripts. I'm not sure if a
> > script that works on OS9 will work on OS8 or 7.5. I thought I heard
> > with OS9 Apple rewrote much of Applescript.

> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy.

> just enter restart in an applescript?

Sat, 25 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 system reboot
 Hi, just enter this into the button or whatever subject you want to
restart the CPU. (with this script you can also shut down og make the CPU
go to sleep mode)

either:
dim ae as appleEvent
ae=newAppleEvent("fndr","rest","MACS")
if not ae.send then
'Unable to do this
end if

Quote:

> Does anybody know a way to restart the user's computer from an
> RB app? I'm writing an installer program and when it's done I want
> the machine to restart.

> I think it can be done with an Applescript, but I'm a little bit worried
> about backwards compatibility with Applescripts. I'm not sure if a
> script that works on OS9 will work on OS8 or 7.5. I thought I heard
> with OS9 Apple rewrote much of Applescript.

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Mon, 24 Feb 2003 20:43:10 GMT

1. Clipper Program reboots system

2. Rebooting System with Rexx (in OS/2)

3. Rebooting System with Rexx (in OS/2)

4. Rebooting System with Rexx (in OS/2)

5. Rebooting System and Starting/Stopping Process Using OS/2 REXX

6. Reboot system

7. How can I reboot my system?

8. Reboot System

9. How can I reboot my system?

10. Reboot the system ?

11. clock program that reboot system

12. OZ++ system released with compiler, execution system and management systems