How to compact a data base?
Author Message
 How to compact a data base?

Bonjour, Hello

I work on a rather important data base: 2 Mb.

After numerous manipulations with strings (varchar), it meets himself in
more than 15 Mb.
By using "REALdb Tools ", it deflate enormously.

My question: is it possible to compact the base with the program which
manipulates it? If yes, how?

Thank you beforehand.
--
Tehenne          Saint-Denis de la Runion

Who does not speak (write) English but understands it (read) a little!

Thu, 16 Sep 2004 19:04:18 GMT
 How to compact a data base?

Quote:

> My question: is it possible to compact the base with the program which
> manipulates it? If yes, how?

Create a new databasefile and copy all data to the new file.

mfg
Christian

--
PLZ Suche
Das einzige Postleitzahlensuchprogramm fr Mac OS X

Download unter <http://plz.macsw.de>

Fri, 17 Sep 2004 03:56:37 GMT

1. sort out and look for data in a data base

2. data structures versus data bases???

3. Data Base Help

4. Take Over ACCESS Data base

5. Topspeed data base file corrupt

6. Btrieve data base & Clarion

7. Clipper Data Base & Indexes

8. Data Base Relationship

9. Data base perfomace oddities.

10. Data Base Limited To (x) records

11. Changing Data Base Field State Yes to No

12. Problem of security using ADO from Labview to connect to Access 2000 Data Base