Filtering Prefixes
Author Message
 Filtering Prefixes

Okay here's the thing I'm trying todo. I have a list of items of a folder
contained inside a ListBox. What I want todo now is find a way to filter
prefixes. ie, I want all the files with the prefix "AF-AD" to appear in
listbox1. I haven't found anything in the language reference or the
developers guide that allows you to filter out words.

Mon, 27 Sep 2004 04:07:05 GMT
 Filtering Prefixes

Quote:

> Okay here's the thing I'm trying todo. I have a list of items of a folder
> contained inside a ListBox. What I want todo now is find a way to filter
> prefixes. ie, I want all the files with the prefix "AF-AD" to appear in
> listbox1. I haven't found anything in the language reference or the
> developers guide that allows you to filter out words.

You're getting the file names from somewhere, right? So instead of just
putting a given file name into the listbox and then trying to filter
them, see if it should be in the listbox before you put it there.

You can use the Left() function to see what the first few characters of
the file name are.

if left(filename, 5) = "AF-AD" then
  ListBox1.AddRow filename
else
  // do something else
end if

HTH.

Mon, 27 Sep 2004 07:34:51 GMT
 Filtering Prefixes
thanks :)

Quote:

>> Okay here's the thing I'm trying todo. I have a list of items of a folder
>> contained inside a ListBox. What I want todo now is find a way to filter
>> prefixes. ie, I want all the files with the prefix "AF-AD" to appear in
>> listbox1. I haven't found anything in the language reference or the
>> developers guide that allows you to filter out words.

> You're getting the file names from somewhere, right? So instead of just
> putting a given file name into the listbox and then trying to filter
> them, see if it should be in the listbox before you put it there.

> You can use the Left() function to see what the first few characters of
> the file name are.

> if left(filename, 5) = "AF-AD" then
> ListBox1.AddRow filename
> else
> // do something else
> end if

> HTH.

Tue, 28 Sep 2004 03:56:26 GMT

1. package loading tix, prefix!=exec-prefix

2. digital filter, dsp, real-time-filtering example

3. Kalman Filters, Particle Filters and SVM's

4. prefix and suffix functions

5. Prefix adverb in J

6. PROGRAM SEGMENT PREFIX ?

7. Report writer file name prefix (c55)

8. Queue Prefix

9. Return %Prefix & %FieldName

10. Table/prefix naming conventions

11. CW2003 - Reference variables and file prefixes

12. Prefix for Global Variables ?