Stuck in the menus
Author Message
 Stuck in the menus

Quote:

> To make it short; im new to RB.

> I can't add a about this app in apple menu, and wonders if anyone had an
> example for me to follow.
> and how can i make a clickable url?

> /koffer

An about box is just the same as any other menu item. You design your
about window, then add a menu item under the apple menu with the text
"About [application name]. In the menu handler put AboutWindow.show (or
whatever you named the window you made). Make sure you enable it in the
EnableMenuItems event.

To have a clickable url, add a static text to the window with blue color
and underlined style, then put a canvas control behind it and in the
canvases mouse down event put showURL " http://www.*-*-*.com/ ;

HTH
-Sam

Tue, 12 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Stuck in the menus

Quote:
>To make it short; im new to RB.

>I can't add a about this app in apple menu, and wonders if anyone had an
>example for me to follow.
>and how can i make a clickable url?

Look at my website, you'll find examples of both (the about menu is in at least
one of my examples, not sure which)

--
http://www.thsmith.dircon.co.uk
My realbasic programming site. Home of editfield2, fastnthfield, windows log

Tue, 12 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Stuck in the menus

Quote:

> My version is in French, but I hope you'll understand (I am also a beginner)
> In the main application window, under "Events", you find EnableMenuItems
> You write under the line sub Enable MenuItem() the following:

>     AppleAboutMyApplication.Enabled=true

> I spent the last week end doing the tutorial. Quite useful to start. Then I
> made my first application this week, and it works (even - almost- under
> Windows...)

I've added the command to both; Enable Menu Items and the Menu Handler,
About.Enabled=true
Welll the menuitem isnt gray anymore, but it doesn't do anything when
selected.
I've named the menuitem About
Can somone enter the code i need for,

EnableMenuItems:

MenuHandler:

What turitorial is you talking about, is it on a website?

(slowly admitting to himself that he IS a newbie)
/koffer

--
                _____K_r_i_s_t_o_f_f_e_r__L_e_i_n_?____
               ///        http://koffer.da.ru/        /

             /__6_9_._4_0___N____1_8_._5_8___E__///

Sat, 16 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. TK cascade menu gets stuck !!

2. From Hickory Sticks to Joy Sticks

3. Cascade menu stuck after "entryconfigure -menu" on Unix: known bug?

4. Menu ID of Bevel Button Menu

5. Menu Items in OS X Apple Menu

6. Sub-Menus in BevelButton Menu

7. putting a menu item in a menu

8. Dynamic menu-rights/Enable and Disable menu-items

9. Add menu items to File menu

10. A menu like Windows menu

11. I bind pulldown-menus to menu-entries, but...

12. Using -menu on a toplevel with a non-menu widget