Why drawinto not working with Windows?
Author Message
 Why drawinto not working with Windows?

I'm trying to print a listbox, so I've created a window called
PrintWindow that contains the listbox and info I want to print. I use
something like this in the action event of a print button:

dim g as graphics
  dim PrinterOptions as PrinterSetup
  PrinterOptions=New PrinterSetup
  g=openprinterdialog(PrinterOptions)
  if g=nil then
    return
  end
printwindow.drawInto(g,0,0)

It works great on the Mac, but when I try to print on Windows 95 it
prints a screen shot instead of just the contents of PrintWindow.

Any ideas?

--Mike Timberlake

Thu, 10 Jun 2004 11:32:19 GMT
 Why drawinto not working with Windows?
It definitely has something to do with the listbox itself. I started
over with a new window and just a rectangle in it. That printed fine.
Then I made an empty listbox that was the same size as the rectangle and
it gives me a screen shot!

How else can I print the contents of a listbox to look good?

--Mike T

Quote:

> I'm trying to print a listbox, so I've created a window called
> PrintWindow that contains the listbox and info I want to print. I use
> something like this in the action event of a print button:

> dim g as graphics
>   dim PrinterOptions as PrinterSetup
>   PrinterOptions=New PrinterSetup
>   g=openprinterdialog(PrinterOptions)
>   if g=nil then
>     return
>   end
> printwindow.drawInto(g,0,0)

> It works great on the Mac, but when I try to print on Windows 95 it
> prints a screen shot instead of just the contents of PrintWindow.

> Any ideas?

> --Mike Timberlake

Fri, 11 Jun 2004 07:13:33 GMT

1. Why does it work sometimes but not always?

2. Why does this tiny program NOT work??!?

3. why my printer does not work?

4. Why is developer exchange not working for me?

5. Why does this Query not work

6. why do not works?

7. Why does one form work yet the other does not

8. why does this routine not work

9. Please help, why does this not work ?

10. why do not works?

11. why does this not work

12. Why is GNAT not working in Win95