Dynamic array dimensioning
Author Message
 Dynamic array dimensioning

Hi,

Is there any way to dynamically change array sizes in RB (2.1.2)? If I
allow inputs for some numbers in one window, can I get it to create an
array of a given size depending on the inputs? I can do it locally I
think, but is there any way to do it more globally?

I guess what I want to do is respecify the properties for Window2 in
Window1 before Window2 is opened, with Window2 reading values from
Window1.

Hope this makes sense.

Cheers

Mark

--
The only reason we have to be jealous of the Irish is that they are further
from the French than we are! - Al Murray, Time Gentlemen Please

Fri, 21 Nov 2003 23:49:01 GMT
 Dynamic array dimensioning

Quote:

> Is there any way to dynamically change array sizes in RB (2.1.2)?

Do you mean something like

redim array(x) // x is the new size

?

Paul
--
PGP: 0xF41FD1B1 (RSA), 0xAD888615 (DH/DSS) - <http://www.p-hink.de/pgp/>
=======================================================ICQ: 108866612===

Sat, 22 Nov 2003 00:48:34 GMT
 Dynamic array dimensioning

Quote:

> Do you mean something like

> redim array(x) // x is the new size

> ?

Thanks, that works. I didn't think it would do the same thing for
properties as it does for local arrays, but it appears to work without
complaint.

Mark

--
The only reason we have to be jealous of the Irish is that they are further
from the French than we are! - Al Murray, Time Gentlemen Please

Sat, 22 Nov 2003 23:04:37 GMT
 Dynamic array dimensioning

Quote:

> > redim array(x) // x is the new size

> Thanks, that works. I didn't think it would do the same thing for
> properties as it does for local arrays, but it appears to work without
> complaint.

Yes, it works fine on any array, no matter where it's declared.  The
only exception is control arrays (which aren't normal arrays at all).

Cheers,
- Joe

Sun, 23 Nov 2003 01:33:56 GMT

1. Dynamic array dimensioning

2. Dynamic Array Dimensioning

3. Adjustable array dimensions specified via array element?

4. convert n dimension array to n/2 array

5. DVF6 I/O dynamic dimensioning different than PS1.0

6. How to create 3 dimension array from 1 & 2 dimension array

7. How to create 3 dimension array from 1 & 2 dimension array

8. Request - 2 dimension array example

9. Mulit dimension array

10. Multi Dimension Array

11. Arrays and Dimensions - View Field Properties

12. convert file with dimensioned fields(arrays)