SQL server
Author Message
 SQL server

I AM Looking for a way to connect to and send SQl queries to a Microsoft SQL
server running via remote IP. How can I do this?

Adam

Sat, 18 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 SQL server

Quote:

> I AM Looking for a way to connect to and send SQl queries to a Microsoft
> SQL
> server running via remote IP. How can I do this?

> Adam

I got it working with the ODBC drivers from the Microsoft Office 98 CD -
it took no setup on the server side as I had assumed (see my earlier
posting). It was actually very straightforward.
If you don't have the Office CD you can go to Metro Technologies
(http://www.metrotechnologies.com) and visit their "eStore". They are
resellers of DataDirect ODBC which comes in a Mac OS version. You can
download some drivers from there.

I hope this helps you.

Regards,

Christian Hoj
Software Developer
Denmark

--
Christian Hoj, Software Developer
SAXoTECH A/S

Sat, 18 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 SQL server
Hi!

This is from an email to the REALbasic Developer List:

<snip>

Microsoft Office98 comes with an ODBC driver for SQLServer that works
fine.  We use it with SQLServer 7 for a lot of RB projects.
</snip>

I haven't tried this as I use SQL Server 6.5 (where the drivers from
Office 98 works just fine).

If you have any further questions that guy might be able to help you.

Another possibility is to go to www.snap.de and download their Mac
Client which includes ODBC drivers from Visigenic. I don't know if
they'll work, but it is worth a try.

Regards,
Christian Hoj

Quote:

> I did try the Driver from Office but it was for SQL server version 6, we
> use
> version 7. What will a mac boy do?

> Adam

> at

> >> I AM Looking for a way to connect to and send SQl queries to a
> >> Microsoft
> >> SQL
> >> server running via remote IP. How can I do this?

> >> Adam

> > I got it working with the ODBC drivers from the Microsoft Office 98 CD
> > -
> > it took no setup on the server side as I had assumed (see my earlier
> > posting). It was actually very straightforward.
> > If you don't have the Office CD you can go to Metro Technologies
> > (http://www.metrotechnologies.com) and visit their "eStore". They are
> > resellers of DataDirect ODBC which comes in a Mac OS version. You can
> > download some drivers from there.

> > I hope this helps you.

> > Regards,

> > Christian Hoj
> > Software Developer
> > Denmark

Tue, 21 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Connecting SQL server with SQL authentication

2. data to sql server using labview and labview sql toolkit

3. Error 4149 occurred at Fetch Next Record, SQL Server 7.0, and SQL Toolkit 5.0

4. Error 4149 occurred at Fetch Next Record, SQL Server 7.0, and SQL Toolkit 5.0

5. how to access SQL server using SQL toolkit from LabVIEW

6. mxODBC SQL Type error with MS SQL Server

7. Python and MS SQL (Microsoft SQL server)

8. VO Succesfuly created a Client/Server app using VO and MS-SQL Server

9. TCL, ODBC and SQL Server 7.0 - Database server crashing

10. SQL server and Dyalog under windows

11. re SQL Server Database queries

12. VW2 interface Microsoft Sql Server 6.0