calling applescript from RB again
Author Message
 calling applescript from RB again

I've been having problems getting the following to work using the debug run.
I get an:

The Application "RealBasic" has unexpectedly quit, because an error of type
3
occurred"
and sometimes it crashes the Mac.

As a test in the script, I am doing a:

on run

 short version of ( info for (choose file)) as string
 return result

end run

in RB:

Sub open ()

dim output as string

 output = scriptnamecall()
 msgbox output
  window1.close

end sub

IS there something I am missing in RB?

regards, Anthony

Sun, 16 Feb 2003 12:01:33 GMT
 calling applescript from RB again
Hello!
if you dragged the script into the project window, you only need to type the
name of the skript to run it!
z.B. id the skript is called runtoas then you type in you project
.....runtoast.....
Best Regards
Josen

Sun, 16 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 calling applescript from RB again

Quote:

> As a test in the script, I am doing a:

> on run

>  short version of ( info for (choose file)) as string
>  return result

Was should this do?
Return the Result as Result.

use shorter:
return (version of ( info for (choose file)) as string)

Quote:

> end run

> in RB:

> Sub open ()

> dim output as string

>  output = scriptnamecall()
>  msgbox output
>   window1.close

> end sub

> IS there something I am missing in RB?

No.
The RB thing should work.

Mfg
Christian

--
Trefft den Realbasic Guru auf dem Stand von
Application Systems Heidelberg (ASH) auf der Maxpo in K?ln!

Sat, 08 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. RB and AppleScript question again.

2. Applescript/RB Question.

3. Hot to run AppleScript within my RB prog?

4. Question about RB and AppleScript

5. Start running an uncompiled AppleScript by RB app

6. RB and AppleScript

7. Applescript/RB help

8. Scheme vs ML again and again and again and again

9. Scheme vs ML again and again and again and again

10. AppleScript Toolbox call under Carbon

11. Transparency in RB 3D again

12. Reading PDF from RB (Again)