Runtime Failure
Author Message
 Runtime Failure

I get the following error in RB 3.5.1 when I go to compile my code.
"Runtime Failure: Failed Assertion. Please report what caused this error,
along with the information below.
    array.cpp:35"

Then I hit continue and the message pops up again

    "array.cpp:68"
    "array.cpp:132"

Then RB quits with a type 11 error.

I have two versions of the source code.  A base one and one that is exactly
the same with an open file function.  Everything else is the same.  I know
that the open file function works because I've used in another application
that I wrote. I just cut and pasted the source code, and that application
works fine.

Running a Dual proc 800mhz, sys 9.2.1 with RB 3.5.1 carbon.

--
Bruce Johnson

Sat, 01 May 2004 07:31:42 GMT
 Runtime Failure

Quote:

> I get the following error in RB 3.5.1 when I go to compile my code.
> "Runtime Failure: Failed Assertion. Please report what caused this error,
> along with the information below.
>     array.cpp:35"

> Running a Dual proc 800mhz, sys 9.2.1 with RB 3.5.1 carbon.

And check if the latest 4.0 alpha Version fixes this bug.

Mfg
Christian

--
Beruehmte letzte Woerter (04):
Es ist kein Strom auf diesem Kabel.

Sat, 01 May 2004 08:14:13 GMT
 Runtime Failure

Quote:

> I get the following error in RB 3.5.1 when I go to compile my code.
> "Runtime Failure: Failed Assertion. Please report what caused this error,
> along with the information below.
>     array.cpp:35"

Please do as it suggests.

Quote:
> Then I hit continue and the message pops up again

So hit Quit instead of Continue.  (Continue is a dangerous button which
usually doesn't work, but is provided in the off chance you really have
found an assertion failure which is mostly harmless.)

Thanks,
- Joe

Sat, 01 May 2004 08:21:38 GMT

1. Runtime Failure: array.cpp:132...

2. Runtime Failure: Failed Assertion.

3. Runtime failure

4. Runtime Failure: Failed Assertion?

5. Help; Runtime Failure in OSX

6. Startup: Runtime Failure in Builded apps?

7. Runtime Failure

8. VM Integrity Failure runtime error

9. Warnings at compile time for possible runtime pattern matching failure

10. Failed Runtime Assertion: GNULLI failure---pthread_mutex_destroy

11. Is IT failure a symptom of general failure?

12. Runtime object type determination/ runtime generic instantiation