GetOpenFolderItem and OS X
Author Message
 GetOpenFolderItem and OS X

Development and testing is on OS X only.

Even though I use file type "special/any", I can't get
GetOpenFolderItem() to allow me to select OS X class applications; e.g.
OmniWeb.  I've tried various combinations and even Gooja'd this
newsgroup but with no luck.  Anybody?

Further, although I can select documents (e.g. a TextEdit document),
when I invoke the FolderItem's Launch method, nothing happens
irrespective of whether or not the target application is running.

Suggestions?

- Joe

--
PGP Key (DH/DSS): http://www.*-*-*.com/
PGP Fingerprint:  89B4 52DA CF10 EE03 02AD  9134 21C6 2A68 CE52 EE1A

Fri, 06 Feb 2004 03:42:17 GMT
 GetOpenFolderItem and OS X

Quote:

> Development and testing is on OS X only.

> Even though I use file type "special/any", I can't get
> GetOpenFolderItem() to allow me to select OS X class applications; e.g.
> OmniWeb.

OmniWeb ist not a file.
It's a bundle which is seen as a folder from RB.

Mfg
Christian

--
In a world without walls and fences you don't need windows or gates.

http://www.christians-software.de (Free Mac/Win software)

Sat, 07 Feb 2004 03:42:28 GMT
 GetOpenFolderItem and OS X

Quote:

> > Development and testing is on OS X only.

> > Even though I use file type "special/any", I can't get
> > GetOpenFolderItem() to allow me to select OS X class applications; e.g.
> > OmniWeb.

> OmniWeb ist not a file.
> It's a bundle which is seen as a folder from RB.

Well, it functions like an app so it seems reasonable to treat it as
such.  Your second point is definitely incorrect however.  RB doesn't
appear to see it as much of anything; it can't be selected like a file
nor opened like a folder via GetOpenFolderItem() nor selected by
SelectFolder.

I'm pretty disappointed that RB doesn't handle this (yet?  I hope so).

- Joe

--
PGP Key (DH/DSS): http://www.shimkus.com/public_key.asc
PGP Fingerprint:  89B4 52DA CF10 EE03 02AD  9134 21C6 2A68 CE52 EE1A

Sat, 07 Feb 2004 08:50:46 GMT
 GetOpenFolderItem and OS X

Quote:

> I'm pretty disappointed that RB doesn't handle this (yet?  I hope so).

RB doesn't have the flag for bundle knowledge activated in it's dialogs.

Mfg
Christian

--
The world will end in 5 minutes.  Please log out.

http://www.christians-software.de (Free Mac/Win software)

Sat, 07 Feb 2004 13:56:58 GMT

1. How to get GetOpenFolderItem to choose OS X Apps

2. GetOpenFolderItem and OSXApplications.app

3. GetOpenFolderItem Question?

4. Preview in GetOpenFolderItem

5. Force getOpenFolderItem to specific path ?

6. GetOpenFolderItem?

7. GetOpenFolderItem

8. GetOpenFolderItem and SelectFolder methods

9. GetOpenFolderItem greyed out items

10. os._exit(), os.kill(os.getpid(), 9)

11. Problem with any of os.system(), os.fork() & os.execp() and os.spawn()

12. Black OS/2 icons and mini-icons for VisualWorks 2.0 for OS/2