TabPanel and PagePanel in RB 4.5.1
Author Message
 TabPanel and PagePanel in RB 4.5.1

Scenario:

I've got a TabPanel with 5 tabs, and a PagePanel with 2 pages, in
TabPanel(1). The PagePanel has got controls in each page. When I
reorder the TabPanel in the editor i.e. bring TabPanel(1) up to index
0 for example, the controls in the PagePanel go missing.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Sun, 27 Mar 2005 10:35:27 GMT
 TabPanel and PagePanel in RB 4.5.1

Quote:

> I've got a TabPanel with 5 tabs, and a PagePanel with 2 pages, in
> TabPanel(1).

Don't do that.  Any combination of TabPanels or PagePanels within
TabPanels and PagePanels is not supported.

Cheers,
- Joe

Sun, 27 Mar 2005 22:15:23 GMT
 TabPanel and PagePanel in RB 4.5.1

Quote:

> > I've got a TabPanel with 5 tabs, and a PagePanel with 2 pages, in
> > TabPanel(1).

> Don't do that.  Any combination of TabPanels or PagePanels within
> TabPanels and PagePanels is not supported.

> Cheers,
> - Joe

Then I suppose the two bug reports I submitted yesterday are moot?

Any hope of support? I just started such a project (TabPanels within
PagePanels) with some anomolous behaviours.

John (1 month newbie)

--
MACINTOSH?...because everything else is just a peecee.
WINTEL...the cubic zirconium of computers.?

Mon, 28 Mar 2005 01:15:45 GMT
 TabPanel and PagePanel in RB 4.5.1

Quote:
> Then I suppose the two bug reports I submitted yesterday are moot?

Well, we'll take them as feature requests.  But no, I can't make any
predictions about what the future may hold.

Cheers,
- Joe

Mon, 28 Mar 2005 01:34:47 GMT
 TabPanel and PagePanel in RB 4.5.1
Did a search on the mailing list and read about this bug being around
for quite a while now. James Sentman and Juergen Schreck posted some
workarounds, including moving the panels around in code, and having
the page panel simulating the function of the tab panel. HTH.
Quote:

> > > I've got a TabPanel with 5 tabs, and a PagePanel with 2 pages, in
> > > TabPanel(1).

> > Don't do that.  Any combination of TabPanels or PagePanels within
> > TabPanels and PagePanels is not supported.

> > Cheers,
> > - Joe

> Then I suppose the two bug reports I submitted yesterday are moot?

> Any hope of support? I just started such a project (TabPanels within
> PagePanels) with some anomolous behaviours.

> John (1 month newbie)

Mon, 28 Mar 2005 08:55:26 GMT

1. Problems with TabPanel under RB 4.5

2. Re : TabPanel control in RB 2.0

3. Tabpanel controls

4. TabPanel -finding which panel was selected

5. TabPanel problems

6. popupmenu shadows persist in tabpanel

7. Flickering Canvas on TabPanel in classic OS

8. RB QuickStart Guider from RB

9. troubles with tabpanel

10. launching an RB app from another RB app - appleevents

11. Disabling one tab of the tabpanel....

12. Anyway to move object to different panel in TabPanel