CGIs -- Probably Easy But
Author Message
 CGIs -- Probably Easy But

Hi looking to write some CGIs in RB for Windows (sorry) found one or two
examples of Apple Server CGIs,

Even though I have not tried RB to write CGIs before, I have used RB for
some other projects and looking forward to using it more

Figured that to the extent I can do some work in RB for certain servers
where I need to have speed that is quicker than PERL and quicker to
write than C to some extent, I would try RB for this

I am probably overlooking something very obvious here, but how do you
remove the main window as starting things and just go straight to code,
for instance something that is a program that does nothing more than
this...

print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";
print "<html>";
print "<head>"
print "</head>"
print "<body>"
print HELLO WORLD
print "</body>"
print "</html>"

Thanks

Wish list: Version 4.5 RB cross compiles for UNIX/LINUX :)

Fri, 24 Sep 2004 06:34:18 GMT
 CGIs -- Probably Easy But

Quote:

> Hi looking to write some CGIs in RB for Windows (sorry) found one or two
> examples of Apple Server CGIs,

> Even though I have not tried RB to write CGIs before, I have used RB for
> some other projects and looking forward to using it more

> Figured that to the extent I can do some work in RB for certain servers
> where I need to have speed that is quicker than PERL and quicker to
> write than C to some extent, I would try RB for this

> I am probably overlooking something very obvious here, but how do you
> remove the main window as starting things and just go straight to code,
> for instance something that is a program that does nothing more than
> this...

You go into the project settings dialog, and set the default window to none.
Then, delete the window from the project window. Then add a class with super
of application, and start your app rolling in its open event.
Quote:

> print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";
> print "<html>";
> print "<head>"
> print "</head>"
> print "<body>"
> print HELLO WORLD
> print "</body>"
> print "</html>"

Also, you should look for a CGI app starting project (or something like
that) for RB, I believe there's one out there.

-- Owen

Sat, 25 Sep 2004 13:40:49 GMT
 CGIs -- Probably Easy But
Thanks for the info!  I will continue to look for a project for the CGI, so far
everything deals with Mac Servers (though I would love just to work with those!
:) )

Thanks again

Quote:

> > Hi looking to write some CGIs in RB for Windows (sorry) found one or two
> > examples of Apple Server CGIs,

> > Even though I have not tried RB to write CGIs before, I have used RB for
> > some other projects and looking forward to using it more

> > Figured that to the extent I can do some work in RB for certain servers
> > where I need to have speed that is quicker than PERL and quicker to
> > write than C to some extent, I would try RB for this

> > I am probably overlooking something very obvious here, but how do you
> > remove the main window as starting things and just go straight to code,
> > for instance something that is a program that does nothing more than
> > this...

> You go into the project settings dialog, and set the default window to none.
> Then, delete the window from the project window. Then add a class with super
> of application, and start your app rolling in its open event.

> > print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";
> > print "<html>";
> > print "<head>"
> > print "</head>"
> > print "<body>"
> > print HELLO WORLD
> > print "</body>"
> > print "</html>"

> Also, you should look for a CGI app starting project (or something like
> that) for RB, I believe there's one out there.

> -- Owen

Sun, 26 Sep 2004 00:04:11 GMT

1. TIP: Probably the easiest way to download a file from the net

2. Probably the easiest way to download a file from the net

3. A Question about ROM fonts...Probably easy.... :)

4. Keyboard Buffer Problem : Probably Easy For You But Not For Me

5. regular expression question, probably easy.

6. probably an easy prolog question...

7. Probably an easy question

8. Stuck - probably an easy answer though

9. Probably it's easy, but I don't know how to do :(

10. HELP, EASY EASY QUESTION

11. HELP, EASY EASY QUESTION