RealBasic database troubles
Author Message
 RealBasic database troubles

Hello,

I'm using the RealBasic database in a X-platform project Mac/Win.
The idea is to use the RealBasic database for single user applications, and
FileMakerPro for multi-user.
I can deal with the somewhat limited options of the RealBasic database, but
what do I do when I get the message "Action not supported by database
driver" when I try to
- drop a field from a table
- drop a complete table
- change the datatype of a field

Is there a workaround for this?

Thanks in advance for your response.

martin

Mon, 19 Jan 2004 15:08:43 GMT
 RealBasic database troubles
Prototyping db's in RB is a real PITA. You can write the create table in
code (probably in your init section, right beside your dump and restore
routines ;-)  ) or you could use something like RBMaker if you want to spend
the extra money.

Quote:
> Hello,

> I'm using the RealBasic database in a X-platform project Mac/Win.
> The idea is to use the RealBasic database for single user applications, and
> FileMakerPro for multi-user.
> I can deal with the somewhat limited options of the RealBasic database, but
> what do I do when I get the message "Action not supported by database
> driver" when I try to
> - drop a field from a table
> - drop a complete table
> - change the datatype of a field

> Is there a workaround for this?

Wed, 21 Jan 2004 03:51:15 GMT
 RealBasic database troubles
Tnx for replying.
I guess RBMaker is a tool that generates SQL language to create and alter
databases.
Is this a Real Software product? I couldn't find anything about it on their
site.

--

m vr gr

Martin DELEU

Quote:
> Prototyping db's in RB is a real PITA. You can write the create table in
> code (probably in your init section, right beside your dump and restore
> routines ;-)  ) or you could use something like RBMaker if you want to
spend
> the extra money.

> > Hello,

> > I'm using the RealBasic database in a X-platform project Mac/Win.
> > The idea is to use the RealBasic database for single user applications,
and
> > FileMakerPro for multi-user.
> > I can deal with the somewhat limited options of the RealBasic database,
but
> > what do I do when I get the message "Action not supported by database
> > driver" when I try to
> > - drop a field from a table
> > - drop a complete table
> > - change the datatype of a field

> > Is there a workaround for this?

Sat, 24 Jan 2004 14:19:44 GMT
 RealBasic database troubles

Quote:

> Tnx for replying.
> I guess RBMaker is a tool that generates SQL language to create and alter
> databases.
> Is this a Real Software product? I couldn't find anything about it on their
> site.

Nope, it's not a REAL Software product.  I don't know who makes it.

Cheers,
- Joe

Sat, 24 Jan 2004 22:25:35 GMT

1. Matching Data Types between RealBasic and the RealBasic Database

2. How do you use jpegs in a realbasic database on the PC

3. Looping over a directory and reading Jpegs into a database -- Realbasic 4.5

4. Altering a RealBasic Database

5. Foxpro Database - Access with REALBasic - Help

6. RealBasic Database Date format

7. RealBasic Database and Export

8. Limit of REALBasic database ?

9. REALbasic Database

10. Editing a realbasic database question

11. RealBasic Database HELP!!!

12. REALBasic Database...