Sound
Author Message
 Sound

List,

A few questions about RB and the way it handles sound.
If I have a soundfile dragged onto my project and then type
'mysound.play' it won't work. Is this because I'm missing something,
or does it just mean the sound is not compatible? I tried with System7
sounds as well, but was unable to make a noise...
Also, Quicktime has to be installed for certain audio formats to play
correctly. Is this for compiling only, or does the 'executer' of the
program need Quicktime as well?

Thx for any help,

Philip

Tue, 14 Sep 2004 22:43:13 GMT
 Sound
On 29/3/02 2:43 pm, in article

Quote:

> List,

> A few questions about RB and the way it handles sound.
> If I have a soundfile dragged onto my project and then type
> 'mysound.play' it won't work. Is this because I'm missing something,
> or does it just mean the sound is not compatible? I tried with System7
> sounds as well, but was unable to make a noise...
> Also, Quicktime has to be installed for certain audio formats to play
> correctly. Is this for compiling only, or does the 'executer' of the
> program need Quicktime as well?

> Thx for any help,

> Philip

It has to be a System 7 format sound file (I think) for this to work.
Alternatively, you can open a sound from the resourcefork of your app (as
this is where the sounds dragged into the project end up anyway), by doing:

Dim s as sound
S = app.resourcefork.getsound(1000)
S.play

Regards.
--------
Chris Willis

Tue, 14 Sep 2004 23:45:12 GMT

1. clipper dos sound to windows sound card

2. Sound through the sound card for MSWLogo?

3. REXX: Sound.CMD --- simple sound player !

4. sound WAVE sound

5. SOUND-a-SOUND

6. snack sound and multiple sound cards

7. How do you use your sound card and sound VI to get sound levels off a microphone.

8. LOGO-L> Sound through the sound card for MSWLogo?

9. Puget Sound Smalltalk Users Group Meeting 12/5/01

10. Keyboard and Sound questions...

11. Sound Cards!

12. Disabling image save "snapshot" sound