mp3 id3
Author Message
 mp3 id3

I'm using realbasic 5 and I'm trying to read mp3 id3.

Here's what I'm doing, but I'm missing something. Result is always
false and obviously Userdata is empty. I tryied also other tags such
as ?ART, but nothing.

Dim f As FolderItem
Dim m as EditableMovie
Dim Userdata as String
Dim result as boolean

  f=GetOpenFolderItem("MP3Files")
  If f<>Nil then
    m=f.OpenEditableMovie
    result=m.UserData.GetUserData("?nam",1,Userdata)
    IDFilename.text=Userdata
  end if

Any ideas?
Tomas

Sat, 15 Oct 2005 23:29:05 GMT
 mp3 id3

Quote:

> I'm using realbasic 5 and I'm trying to read mp3 id3.

> Here's what I'm doing, but I'm missing something. Result is always
> false and obviously Userdata is empty. I tryied also other tags such
> as ?ART, but nothing.

  dim s as String
  dim t as String

  t="?ART"

  t=t.ConvertEncoding(Encodings.MacRoman)

  if
DesktopFolder.Child("Ibiza.mp3").OpenEditableMovie.UserData.GetUserData(
t,1,s) then
    MsgBox s
  end if

The ? must be encoded as MacRoman.

PS: Writing so long lines like above is not good!

Mfg
Christian

--
Four thousand functions in one REALbasic plug-in. The MBS Plugin.

<http://www.monkeybreadsoftware.de/realbasic/plugins.html>

Mon, 17 Oct 2005 05:56:37 GMT
 mp3 id3
great! it works.

thanks

Mon, 17 Oct 2005 19:50:31 GMT

1. MP3/ID3 tags

2. mp3 id3 and genre

3. Calrion and MP3 ID3 tag

4. Extension for reading mp3 ID3 tags?

5. Created a Python module for ID3 MP3 tag manipulation

6. How to modify ID3 tags in MP3 files?

7. MP3 MP3 MP3

8. mp3 to wav, wav to mp3

9. Python script to rename MP3 file using it's ID3 tag.

10. ID3 Tags

11. ID3 Tags and realbasic

12. ID3.py Version 1.2 Released!