Blue Bevelbuttons
Author Message
 Blue Bevelbuttons

Hi!

Does someone know if it is possible to create blue Bevelbuttons in OS X?
They should look like normal Buttons but without the round edges on the
side. I want to use them for the headers in a Listbox replacement. The
normal bevelbuttons are grey and that doesn't look like a listbox which
is eg. used by the finder.

Thanks!
Carsten

Mon, 02 Feb 2004 20:50:35 GMT
 Blue Bevelbuttons

Quote:

> Does someone know if it is possible to create blue Bevelbuttons

Would using a blue picture as the button's icon solve this? m.

--

*** REALbasic, The Definitive Guide! ***
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/realbasic/

Tue, 03 Feb 2004 04:48:07 GMT
 Blue Bevelbuttons
Hi!

Quote:
>Would using a blue picture as the button's icon solve this? m.

You mean that I should use a blue background and OS X will
automatically draw the blue Aqua style button and not the grey one?
I will test it, but I have no hope.

Isn't there a toolbox call for such type of buttons?

Carsten

Tue, 03 Feb 2004 14:24:06 GMT
 Blue Bevelbuttons

Quote:
> Hi!

>> Would using a blue picture as the button's icon solve this? m.

> You mean that I should use a blue background and OS X will
> automatically draw the blue Aqua style button and not the grey one?
> I will test it, but I have no hope.

> Isn't there a toolbox call for such type of buttons?

> Carsten

There's a plugin called 'ColorBevelButton' which does exactly what you want
and it's compatible with Mac OS X (PPC + Carbon ONLY)

Check it out at: http://www.splitsw.com/realbasic/index.htm

----
Chris Willis

Tue, 03 Feb 2004 21:46:09 GMT
 Blue Bevelbuttons
Hi!

CW>There's a plugin called 'ColorBevelButton' which does exactly what you
want
CW>and it's compatible with Mac OS X (PPC + Carbon ONLY)

No, it doesn't do what I want. I want to simulate the original listboxes
of OS X. So I have to draw buttons with the blue Aqua style as the header
of the listbox. So I need Bevelbuttons which are not grey, but blue. The
ColorBevelButton plugin draws Bevelbuttons but they are not Aqua-style
buttons.

But in the meantime I found a solution. There is a new constant for
DrawThemeButton (10) for the kind of button. This is the
Listboxheadertype. It only works in OS X and in 9.x it will draw nothing,
but it works as expected.

Carsten

Thu, 05 Feb 2004 13:10:00 GMT

1. blue blue blue people

2. BevelButtons

3. BevelButtons

4. BevelButtons and Numbers

5. Mac OS X & Array of BevelButtons

6. D5.1.1 Bug -- The Save as Ugly Name Blues

7. Used Blue Books at Amazon

8. Learn hot to avoid the Stock Market Blues 0622IPZR2-635g-13

9. Blue Screen Crash with Dolphin

10. Blue screen, and a fix

11. Used "Blue Book" at Amazon

12. OT: Welcome Pacific Blue