String format, PStrings and FolderItem.getSaveInfo
Author Message
 String format, PStrings and FolderItem.getSaveInfo

Quote:

> If I write to a binary file I am restricted by
> BinaryStream.writePString to 255 characters. I assume that
> folderItem.getSaveInfo will commonly be longer.

Correct.

Quote:
> If I write to a text file is it possible to use a TAB (or other
> character) delimited format?

no.

s=data
b.writelong lenb(s)
b.write s

or something like that.

Mfg
Christian

--
On Mac Expo in K?ln (Cologne) from 23th to 25th June.
Four thousand functions in one REALbasic plug-in. The MBS Plugin.

< http://www.*-*-*.com/ ;

Fri, 09 Dec 2005 03:58:39 GMT

1. Searching for a string in the name of a FolderItem

2. format specifiers in format string param.

3. multiple PStrings in a binary file

4. Padding PStrings to full varible size

5. Format String Functions

6. POST cgi string format with awk 3.1.0/net

7. String Formatting...

8. Is this how to format numeric strings?

9. String formatting error

10. String Format Help

11. Picture Tokens - Numeric to String Format

12. Format/Deformat string