grabbing text from other running applications?
Author Message
 grabbing text from other running applications?

Hello,

is there an example, how can I grab text out of windows and/or controls
(e.g. listboxes) from another currently running application (e.g. the
filemaker 4 scriptmaker window), that does _not_ support drag'n drop or
copy/paste (MacOS 9.x, RB 4.5) ?

I think, I need the process handle of the another application, the
window handle, the control handle ... but how?

Thank you very much. Frank

Fri, 09 Dec 2005 15:41:25 GMT
 grabbing text from other running applications?

wrote?:

Quote:
> Hello,

> is there an example, how can I grab text out of windows and/or controls
> (e.g. listboxes) from another currently running application (e.g. the
> filemaker 4 scriptmaker window), that does _not_ support drag'n drop or
> copy/paste (MacOS 9.x, RB 4.5) ?

> I think, I need the process handle of the another application, the
> window handle, the control handle ... but how?

> Thank you very much. Frank

For OS9, there is a scripting addition for AppleScript which is able to get
windows and their controls of any application. It is named "Akua Sweets".
Once installed (in the "Scripting additions" folder) and the computer has
started, you should call it with a script in your program, or if you know
how to interpret the returned datas in AppleEvents (so tell me!), but you'll
see...

Fri, 09 Dec 2005 23:44:53 GMT
 grabbing text from other running applications?
Hello,

thank you, I will try this and then I mail to you.

Frank

Sun, 11 Dec 2005 15:01:00 GMT

1. running an application within an text widget

2. App Runs Sometimes and others it does not.

3. DIES on the Apollo/Runs on others

4. MCL (and others) and application size/speed questions

5. Help: Standalone application does not run (Error #-10007), but development application does

6. Problem running tcl/tk application while other XWindows apps running

7. tkwait fails to release grab in Itcl application

8. Grabbing Keystrokes Within A GUI Application

9. Grabbing and other applications...

10. Accessing text in other applications windows text boxes

11. Grab text from html with user and pass???

12. Grabbing selected words in a text widget