Ptr of a string
Author Message
 Ptr of a string

Hi,

I was wondering if somebody could tell me how to get the pointer address of
a RB string. I need it to pass it to a QD function.

Thanks in advance

Alejandro Fischer

Fri, 14 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Ptr of a string

Quote:

> I was wondering if somebody could tell me how to get the pointer address of
> a RB string. I need it to pass it to a QD function.

Do you use the RB 2's "Declare" feature? With the latest RB versions you
can declare a parameter being of type "cstring" or "pstring" - then you
can pass a RB string and RB will pass its pointer to the function.

Otherwise, you need to copy the string into a memoryblock - then you can
pass this memblock to a "ptr" parameter.

--
Thomas Tempelmann

<mailto:tom$tempel.org>

Fri, 14 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Ptr of a string
Thanks for this information!

----------

Quote:

>> I was wondering if somebody could tell me how to get the pointer address of
>> a RB string. I need it to pass it to a QD function.

> Do you use the RB 2's "Declare" feature? With the latest RB versions you
> can declare a parameter being of type "cstring" or "pstring" - then you
> can pass a RB string and RB will pass its pointer to the function.

> Otherwise, you need to copy the string into a memoryblock - then you can
> pass this memblock to a "ptr" parameter.

> --
> Thomas Tempelmann

> <mailto:tom$tempel.org>

Mon, 17 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. jmp word ptr and jmp dword ptr

2. does Call Library function support ptr to ptr to int?

3. I'm stupid with Declare and ByRef a Ptr

4. Ptr size for Declares

5. What is Ptr?

6. Using PTR's

7. PTR Prentice Hall Object-Oriented Catalog

8. VO : How to use PSZ and PTR?

9. crossed definitions of objects (how to get a ptr to another object)

10. SYSTEM.PTR

11. SYSTEM.PTR: scanned by GC?

12. Q: Ptr to elem of open array