Cannot build an application, why?
Author Message
 Cannot build an application, why?

Hi,

I'm trying to build an application.
The progress dialog starts and stay on "Win1". The computer is then
frozen (The Command-option-esc key and command-power are disabled, while
the cursor and the caps lock key are still enabled.)
This appear only when I build for Win32.
I prefer anything else than commenting some portions of code (I'll do
that if required).

Is there something known about that?

Sat, 18 Sep 2004 22:17:46 GMT
 Cannot build an application, why?

Quote:

> Hi,

> I'm trying to build an application.
> The progress dialog starts and stay on "Win1".

At the last thing RB converts all the resources to put them into the
application file.

Can you reproduce this with a small project?

Or do you have big resources (pictures, movies or sounds) in your
application?

mfg
Christian

--
PLZ Suche
Das einzige Postleitzahlensuchprogramm fr Mac OS X

Download unter <http://plz.macsw.de>

Sun, 19 Sep 2004 01:13:32 GMT
 Cannot build an application, why?
Sometimes with RB 3.2 I had problems compiling for Win32.  The computer
would just hang there for either a long time, or forever.  I use OS X,
so I could still Force Quit RB.

I just tried it again, hoping that it wouldn't repeat itself.  Sometimes
it did, sometimes it didn't.  Since then, I upgraded to RB 4.0 and
haven't had any problems with it so far.

Perhaps this is the same problem?

Mark Bee.

Quote:

--

Sun, 19 Sep 2004 06:38:33 GMT
 Cannot build an application, why?

Quote:
>I'm trying to build an application.
>The progress dialog starts and stay on "Win1". The computer is then
>frozen (The Command-option-esc key and command-power are disabled, while
>the cursor and the caps lock key are still enabled.)

I assume you're using Classic MacOS, not OS X.

I've encountered this problem a couple of times; giving REALbasic more RAM has
always fixed it. RB needs a LOT of RAM, especially for resource or graphics
intensive apps; I never even launch it without first giving it at least 30 MB
of RAM.

--
"Quand la morale triomphe, il se passe des choses tres vilaines."
Literature. Art. Photography. Forums. Shareware. Kink. Sex.

Tue, 21 Sep 2004 05:18:59 GMT

1. Build application -cannot find files

2. I cannot use a notifier in a VI that was created by a built application

3. My application, after being application build is terminated by Windows

4. build window standard applications into my vw2.5 application dll-c connect

5. Why does my application give an application error?

6. Cannot build lookat under Linux

7. Cannot statically build Tcl 8.3.4 using VC6

8. AIX porting problem - cannot build libtcl8.3.so - Linux AIX Toolkit

9. Cannot build BLT 2.4u on Digital Unix 4.0 nor SGI IRIX 6.5

10. Cannot build Tk under RedHat

11. MySQLdb-0.3.5 build problem (/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lz)

12. Cannot build shared libraries on HP-UX