Get Full Path from MacDirID or Filename?
Author Message
 Get Full Path from MacDirID or Filename?

What's the best way (or ANY way) to turn a MacDirID into a full text
pathname?  OR a filename to a full pathname?

Long story, but to keep it short, I'm parsing a list of filenames out of
a proprietary data file format...all I'm able to get is 1. filename, and
2. MacDirID.  I need to reference those files so I can move them and do
other things with them.

Thanks for your help!

David Sandberg

Thu, 16 Sep 2004 17:51:16 GMT
 Get Full Path from MacDirID or Filename?

Quote:

> Long story, but to keep it short, I'm parsing a list of filenames out of
> a proprietary data file format...all I'm able to get is 1. filename, and
> 2. MacDirID.  I need to reference those files so I can move them and do
> other things with them.

  dim f,v as folderItem

  v=volume(0) // boot volume

  f=newFolderItem(v.MacVRefNum,macDirID,filename)

For newFolderItem you need the MBS Plugin from
<http://www.monkeybreadsoftware.de/realbasic/plugins.html>

Mfg
Christian

--
Beruehmte letzte Woerter (10):
Hab dein Pilzrezept ausprobiert -

Thu, 16 Sep 2004 19:29:14 GMT

1. getting full filename under NT

2. Library os.path.isfile(filename) - long filenames error.

3. get full filename of OS/2 REXX program

4. Using Variable Filenames and Paths

5. Filename without path

6. determine path and filename

7. storing filenames ( including paths ) and executing them ( through Windows )

8. VX-REXX C/S 2.1A Make EXE Path/Filename Selection

9. Filename from path

10. cmd, readline, and /path/filename completion

11. Unicode filenames and os.path.* functions

12. removing path of filename