I'm having a cpu problem
Author Message
 I'm having a cpu problem

I'm scaning all the volumes to detect a file. While this is in action, the
computer obviously jams, and nothing can be done anymore. Is there a wait to
provoque a small delay with nothing runing everytime a file's name is
scanned, even just 1 millisecond, so the cpu gets a bit more juice and we
could let the scanning in a background task.

thank you in advance for constructive help.

Wed, 22 Oct 2003 04:43:07 GMT
 I'm having a cpu problem

Quote:

> I'm scaning all the volumes to detect a file. While this is in action, the
> computer obviously jams, and nothing can be done anymore.

Well, the only thing obvious about that is that you're not doing it in
a thread or via a Timer.  ;)

Quote:
> Is there a wait to
> provoque a small delay with nothing runing everytime a file's name is
> scanned, even just 1 millisecond, so the cpu gets a bit more juice and we
> could let the scanning in a background task.

Yes, either do it all in a Thread, or scan one file (or a few files) at
a time in a Timer task.

Cheers,
- Joe

Wed, 22 Oct 2003 06:24:02 GMT
 I'm having a cpu problem

Quote:

> I'm scaning all the volumes to detect a file. While this is in action,
> the computer obviously jams, and nothing can be done anymore. Is there
> a wait to provoque a small delay with nothing runing everytime a
> file's name is scanned, even just 1 millisecond, so the cpu gets a bit
> more juice and we could let the scanning in a background task.
> thank you in advance for constructive help.

Use a thread or a timer.

--
Email Cleaner does convenient re-wrapping on badly wrapped emails and
newsgroup-posts. Badly wrapped lines is a problem every Internet User

Email Cleaner works from inside all of your Mac programs, from one
button click.

<www.elfdata.com/emailcleaner/>

Wed, 22 Oct 2003 22:04:41 GMT

1. simple class instantiation problem I'm having

2. Still having problems with scripts in Welch's book

3. Lisa's (lsd@cpu.com) mail problem

4. having trouble 'making' XF

5. Clipper 5.3b and Pentium III - Won't run on new CPU's

6. I'm having problems with the NI demo code 'playing a movie in LV5'

7. I'm having a brain fart...

8. Having it both ways: BYTES and AU's

9. Roberto Bozzolo- I'm having trouble opening your files

10. Having trouble with NASM's times pseudo-op

11. Having probs loading win dll's under w/ win41b1.exe pkg

12. Having problems changing printer settings within the program code (anyone having problems w/ OkiData printers?)