Keyboard.OptionKey=true?
Author Message
 Keyboard.OptionKey=true?

Hi,

 i'm writing a little calender utility for Mac OS and Windows.
To select a whole week, the user has to option-click a day of the week.
That works fine under Mac OS, but not under Windows. I think, Windows-PC
has an option key, too. Where ist the problem?

 My second problem is to handle the color palette of both OSs when using
8-bit picture (for more speed) objects to draw the contents of the
calender. The colors i use on Mac OS are not the same under Windows. How
can i access to the color palettes directly?

Thanks, Uwe.

Fri, 17 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Keyboard.OptionKey=true?

Quote:

> Hi,
> i'm writing a little calender utility for Mac OS and Windows. To select
> a whole week, the user has to option-click a day of the week. That
> works fine under Mac OS, but not under Windows. I think, Windows-PC has
> an option key, too. Where ist the problem?
> My second problem is to handle the color palette of both OSs when using
> 8-bit picture (for more speed) objects to draw the contents of the
> calender. The colors i use on Mac OS are not the same under Windows.
> How can i access to the color palettes directly?

Windows doesn't really work so well unfortunately, generally.

Its just almost there, except that there are just hoards of bugs
scattered around stopping any large project from working without hitting
plenty of them.

Its really sad actually cos it could be so good, it just needs a lot of
attention the poor thing it seems.

Anyway, you could try using asynckeydown... I don't know the number you
need, but just make a loop which returns all the asynckeydowns that
return true, and you can find the number (if any return true)

--
Email Cleaner for Mac. Simple and convenient line re-wrapping and general
cleaning features on email and newsgroup type texts. Can clean texts in all of

<http://www.thsmith.dircon.co.uk/emailcleaner/>

Fri, 17 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Keyboard.OptionKey=true?

Quote:

> Anyway, you could try using asynckeydown...

Thanks, i'll try it tomorrow.

 I've solved the palette-problem by changing the picture bit depth to
16. Now the appearance of the calender on both OSs is nearly the same.

Uwe.

Sat, 18 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. True faiths ( was Re: The true faith )

2. HOW TRUE IS TRUE

3. Rise flag TRUE if at least one value in ARRAY is TRUE

4. True faiths ( was Re: The true faith )

5. why is true and false = true ?

6. True faiths ( was Re: The true faith )

7. Keyboards and Keyboard Interrupts

8. Tk keyboard traversal bugs on HP ITF keyboards

9. Keyboard focus and keyboard driven traversal

10. How can I shut down a true or false question once it outputs a true answer?

11. So why do we still have to use Fortran?--APL, Forth, and the One True Language