Getting an application's name from within RB
Author Message
 Getting an application's name from within RB

How is it posible to get the name of the current RB application from within
itself ?
I mean, GetFolderItem("") will give access to the name of the application's
folder but not the app's name itself.

Thanks,

Daniel

Tue, 25 Nov 2003 09:17:07 GMT
 Getting an application's name from within RB

Quote:
> How is it posible to get the name of the current RB application from within
> itself ?
> I mean, GetFolderItem("") will give access to the name of the application's
> folder but not the app's name itself.

> Thanks,

> Daniel

you might want to have a look at the process manager. Maybe, mapping a
couple of functions there can get you what you want.  It definitely can get
the current process' name.

Apple's documentation on it is at :

//developer.apple.com/techpubs/mac/Processes/Processes-24.html#HEADING24-0

Tue, 25 Nov 2003 09:17:49 GMT
 Getting an application's name from within RB

Quote:
> How is it posible to get the name of the current RB application from within
> itself ?
> I mean, GetFolderItem("") will give access to the name of the application's
> folder but not the app's name itself.

See the ApplicationFile Plugin:

<http://www.monkeybreadsoftware.de/monkeybread/realbasic-plugins/>

Mfg
Christian

--
Anwender1: Mein WIN95 ist in 6 Monaten noch NIE abgestuerzt...
Anwender2: Ein halbes Jahr ohne Strom - das ist hart!

Tue, 25 Nov 2003 16:36:16 GMT
 Getting an application's name from within RB

Quote:

> How is it posible to get the name of the current RB application from within
> itself

My book shows two different ways to do this, one involving AppleScript,
the other involving the Process Manager. m.

--

*** REALbasic, The Definitive Guide! ***
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/realbasic/

Tue, 25 Nov 2003 20:49:06 GMT
 Getting an application's name from within RB

Thanks for all your help

Thu, 27 Nov 2003 05:15:30 GMT

1. Getting Application's Name

2. Getting the IP Address within RB

3. Adding 'Applescriptability' to a RB application

4. Dialing the PowerBook G3's internal modem from within a RB program

5. Getting name of running application

6. My RB application's free RAM is terribly fragmented :-(

7. Getting an instance's class name?

8. gets can't recognize an opened file-name

9. getting name of the function you're in

10. VW application within and application

11. Q: How do I start an application from within a realbasic application

12. TkCreateFrame didn't get application name