Newbie: How to run an application from my RB app?
Author Message
 Newbie: How to run an application from my RB app?

Hi,
How to run an application from my RB app?

Thanks,

Mark

Tue, 03 Feb 2004 02:40:31 GMT
 Newbie: How to run an application from my RB app?

Quote:

> How to run an application from my RB app?

If you mean how do you open another application from within your REALbasic
application, you need the launch command. Use the code below:

dim f as folderitem
f= (thefolderitem, insert the path or whatever for the file here)
f.launch

Hope this helps with what you are looking for.

Regards

Graeme D Warren

http://www.blocksofttools.co.uk

Tue, 03 Feb 2004 02:20:01 GMT
 Newbie: How to run an application from my RB app?

Quote:

> Hi,
> How to run an application from my RB app?

FolderItem.Launch

--
"In a world full of lies/That tug at the truth
 I'm taking no sides/Now I recognize you.." --DS

Tue, 03 Feb 2004 04:19:51 GMT
 Newbie: How to run an application from my RB app?

8/16/01 1:40 PM:

Quote:
> Hi,
> How to run an application from my RB app?

> Thanks,

> Mark

Click Debug and Run.....

Tue, 03 Feb 2004 09:01:04 GMT

1. launching an RB app from another RB app - appleevents

2. Problem running tcl/tk application while other XWindows apps running

3. Weird problem running two RB apps simultaneously in Win32

4. Slow running built RB apps on G3/400 system

5. Start running an uncompiled AppleScript by RB app

6. RB Apps on 7.5.5 with MacTCP dont run

7. Q:problem running fat application built in RB

8. Clipper App causes other applications to run very slowly in Windows NT and 98

9. Clipper App causes other applications to run very slowly in Windows NT and 98

10. Newbie question: Run Win95 apps sequentially in PythonWin?

11. Windows App run from Extended Mode App

12. Clipper App runs slowly when moved to Pentium 4 PC running Win 98