Q:working with constants and strings
Author Message
 Q:working with constants and strings

Hello,

I am working on a button function to have a 'helptext' below in my screen.
In order to work transparantly I want to use

the name of the button (ButtonNew,ButtonSave etc..)         as the name of
the constant....

I make

 the constant (ButtonNewText,ButtonSaveText etc..) and its text in dutch and
english.

now I want to call the constant..... ?!

Anybody know how I can do this without changing the code for changing names
(ofcourse I have to make a new constant for every button).

--
Groeten,

Marcel J.G. Trapman

http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~marceltrapman

Thu, 20 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Newbie Qs: startup time, Module.constants, chdir, Ruby distro's library

2. Question about working with strings and displaying strings properly

3. Dict to String and String to Dict with Visual Works

4. Defining string constant with ASCII Code Under 32

5. Line return in a (constant) string

6. constant string in report

7. Constant objects (Was: Proposal: cleanup manifest strings!)

8. String Array Constant Addition

9. string constants, waveform charts and microsoft

10. LV6 Crashes when added a constant string

11. Help with string constants and incompatible types

12. string constants and incompatible types : thanks