Getting TCP/IP Information
Author Message
 Getting TCP/IP Information

Is there a way, via RealBasic, to get router, DNS server and SN Mask
information?

Sun, 16 May 2004 09:10:42 GMT
 Getting TCP/IP Information
For 'classic' Mac OS :

Try TCPLib from Silent Movie Media :

    http://www.silent-movie-media.com/

... or read directly the TCP/IP preferences files. Locate it with its type
and creator then open the resource fork of the file :

Each setting is stored in a specific resource type. Each profile has its own
ID, and this ID is the same within each resource type. Check for the current
profile ID number in the 'ccfg' resource, then read the corresponding ID for
the resource types you need.

Benoit
--
To reply, just replace "tvir" with "terravirtual".

Quote:

> Groupes?: comp.lang.basic.realbasic
> Date?: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 01:10:42 GMT
> Objet?: Getting TCP/IP Information

> Is there a way, via RealBasic, to get router, DNS server and SN Mask
> information?

Sun, 16 May 2004 21:24:36 GMT
 Getting TCP/IP Information

Quote:

> Is there a way, via RealBasic, to get router, DNS server and SN Mask
> information?

Check out the Network Setup Scripting scripting addition. It can provide
all the info you're looking for.

--
"In a world full of lies/That tug at the truth
 I'm taking no sides/Now I recognize you..." -DS

Mon, 17 May 2004 07:03:23 GMT

1. TCP/IP Packet Information, using tcl

2. does anyone have an example of a c++ TCP/IP client that works with labview TCP?IP server ??

3. How do I use dial up (PPP) TCP/IP port on a machine which also has TCP/IP LAN

4. TCP/IP for Smalltalk V

5. Interface Woes...Emulator/TCP/IP or GDDM?

6. TCP/IP AbtSocket connection problems

7. TCP/IP Under MVS: Assembler Interface

8. US - SE FL-***SMALLTALK/C++PROGRAMMER (DB2,MVS/TSO,AIX,TCP/IP)***-CONTRACT

9. TCP/IP, TN3270 & APL/370

10. APL communications via TCP/IP or DDE

11. VW 2.5 - TCP/IP on MS Windows

12. OT-Documentation for AWK+TCP/IP in SGML