From Demo to Full RB 5.1
Author Message
 From Demo to Full RB 5.1

I did manage to recover my files. RB allows me to cut and paste my routines
from VB6
easily. Some changes though as for the atn functions..
I still have some questions before I decide to go with RB.

1 - is it possible to add constants to a class module at class level I am
not sure to understand the  user
guide and the add constant menu options stays greyed whatever Ido.
2- when choosing the epson stylus driver to print my source code RB crashes
XP. Is it a known incompatibility with the epson driver.
3- are there functions/components differences between standard and pro for
the same platform (XP).
4- does a specific RB treeview component exists somewhere

TIA

Eric

SSAAG
(should subscribe to {*filter*}.. anonym.. grroup)

Sun, 23 Oct 2005 02:56:41 GMT
 From Demo to Full RB 5.1

Quote:
> 1 - is it possible to add constants to a class module at class level I am
> not sure to understand the  user
> guide and the add constant menu options stays greyed whatever Ido.

Not a class, but you can with a Module (a generic RB container - not a
class).  In your project window, select  File > New Module then double click
on it (notice the constants section) and the Edit > New Constant enu item is
now available.

Quote:
> 2- when choosing the epson stylus driver to print my source code RB crashes
> XP. Is it a known incompatibility with the epson driver.

I haven't tried printing in windows yet so I can't help you there.. Maybe
it's a bug?  You should report it to REALsoftware if you can't fix it.

Quote:
> 3- are there functions/components differences between standard and pro for
> the same platform (XP).

The demo of REALbasic works exactly the same in both flavours, the only
difference is compiled apps.  See this link:

http://www.realsoftware.com/store/quicklinks/standardvspro.html

Quote:
> 4- does a specific RB treeview component exists somewhere

The ListBox control has a "hierarchical" structure option..  With this you
can pretty much do everything you could possibly need from a tree view,
however from what I remember of VB, there was a file browser in the form of
a tree view.  If that's what you are meaning then the answer is no, but you
could recreate one using the folderiterm functions.

Read the language reference's EXTENSIVE docs on the ListBox..

--
Charlie Boisseau

Sun, 23 Oct 2005 02:40:14 GMT
 From Demo to Full RB 5.1

Quote:

> I did manage to recover my files. RB allows me to cut and paste my routines
> from VB6 easily.

Glad to hear it.

Quote:
> Some changes though as for the atn functions..

I'm not sure what you're referring to here.

Quote:
> 1 - is it possible to add constants to a class module at class level I am
> not sure to understand the  userguide and the add constant menu options
> stays greyed whatever Ido.

Currently you can only add constants to Modules, not to Classes or
Windows.  So do File/New Module, then you can do New Constant.

Quote:
> 2- when choosing the epson stylus driver to print my source code RB crashes
> XP. Is it a known incompatibility with the epson driver.

Not known to me, but supporting all printers is quite difficult
(especially in Windows) and this doesn't shock me.  If you'll be so kind
as to report it using the feedback form on the web, we'll address it as
soon as we can.

Quote:
> 3- are there functions/components differences between standard and pro for
> the same platform (XP).

Yes, Pro offers a number of features which are not available (or
severely restricted) in the Standard version, including database access,
cross-compiling (except in demo mode) and the SecureSocket (i.e. SSL).

Quote:
> 4- does a specific RB treeview component exists somewhere

You're looking for the Listbox control.  Just check the "Hierarchical"
checkbox in the Properties window for it, and you have a tree view.  (On
the Mac that will come out as a standard hierarchical listbox with
disclosure triangles instead of '+' and '-' signs.)

Cheers,
- Joe

Sun, 23 Oct 2005 03:23:24 GMT

1. Locus ( 5.1) rtf control is not full compatipele

2. CONTACT 5.1 features demo

3. Printing Problems on Window with RB 5.1 for both the mac and windows

4. RB 5.1 Drag and Drop Garbage

5. RB 5.1 and EditableMovies

6. RB 5.1 windows : Is it a joke ?

7. GX-Reports v2.00 Full Demo Now Available

8. YEAR 2000 full working demo software. Look inside

9. RB for windows demo bug?

10. RB 452 DEMO and MySQL

11. ext/tcltklib/demo/lines1.rb failed