Function Declaration and what to send
Author Message
 Function Declaration and what to send

Declare Function GetAvailableWindowPositioningBounds Lib "CarbonLib"
(inDevice as Integer, availableRect as Ptr) as Integer

Anybody have any ideas what values to send to inDevice and availableRect
to return some sort of data? Maybe inDevice is the screen number and
availableRect gets the data stored into? i'm really out of ideas.

--
Tom "Tekcor" McGrath

Mon, 23 Aug 2004 05:20:24 GMT
 Function Declaration and what to send

Quote:

> Declare Function GetAvailableWindowPositioningBounds Lib "CarbonLib"
> (inDevice as Integer, availableRect as Ptr) as Integer

> Anybody have any ideas what values to send to inDevice and availableRect
> to return some sort of data? Maybe inDevice is the screen number and
> availableRect gets the data stored into? i'm really out of ideas.

inDevice is a GDHandle, which is a pointer to a pointer to a data
structure that Quickdraw uses. You can get an appropriate value for it
from GetMainDevice. Rect is four longs describing top, left, right, and
bottom of a rectangle. You'd make a memoryblock and pass it's ptr to the
carbon call.

If you're all set on learning how to make this call, go right ahead. But
you *could* just use the plugin I made after reading your last message
on the matter. :-)

Send an email if you want it.

Mon, 23 Aug 2004 10:20:11 GMT

1. Trouble using variables for function names in function declarations

2. Trouble using variables for function names in function declarations

3. Function declaration and use

4. ASCIIZ limmits in Function declaration

5. Updated function declarations for SocketTools

6. Function Declaration by Template generation...

7. Clean function declaration

8. function declarations

9. question on function procedure declaration

10. Function declarations?

11. VHDL function declaration (variable)

12. Procedure/function specification/declarations