Multiple sockets question
Author Message
 Multiple sockets question

I just had the idea to the question on multiple sockets. Since sockets can be
formed out of pure code, you could make a thread that created a socket to listen
to a port, (you'd probably want to make your own custom socket class for this
use first as well) then when the connection is opened to it, you create another
socket out of code, and have that one listen to the port, so the next person that
connects can use it. I'm not sure if it will work, but its worth a try. Perhaps
you'll want to put in a "too many connections" manager into it, rejecting
connections when there are too many, in case you run out of ram (or just allocate
a whole bunch of megabytes to your program)

--
If you get criticised for doing something you didnt do, then whats the reason
to not do it anyway? Your guilty of that crime no matter what you do.

Email: Anti-chaos. ICQ://26027485

Wed, 12 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. multiple sockets question...

2. Multiple Socket Manipulation

3. Multiple connection with one socket?

4. TCL multiple sockets communication

5. How do I set-up Multiple socket connections

6. Opening sockets on multiple ports

7. OO design and multiple local sockets

8. Sockets, callbacks and multiple clients

9. Multiple Sockets

10. Help for Key Bindings/Socket Communication/Multiple Window Management

11. Multiple Socket Connections

12. Socket Question