socket.PPP status buggy ???
Author Message
 socket.PPP status buggy ???

Hi,

I have a strange behavior when using the socket.PPPStatus.

I test a small app that returns the socket.PPPStatus value.

- on a LAN : it returns 1
- on a PPP connection : it returns 5

On the RB 2.1.2 online reference, 5 is not a correct value.

Any clue ?

--

We don't have a logo... but we do have software!
< http://www.*-*-*.com/ ;

Tue, 21 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 socket.PPP status buggy ???

Quote:

> Hi,

> I have a strange behavior when using the socket.PPPStatus.

> I test a small app that returns the socket.PPPStatus value.

> - on a LAN : it returns 1
> - on a PPP connection : it returns 5

> On the RB 2.1.2 online reference, 5 is not a correct value.

send a bug report using realbugs.

Mfg
Christian

--
MegaPoster 1.0
Drucke deine eigenes MegaPoster bis 500 qm!

Wed, 22 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 socket.PPP status buggy ???

Quote:
> Hi,

> I have a strange behavior when using the socket.PPPStatus.

> I test a small app that returns the socket.PPPStatus value.

> - on a LAN : it returns 1
> - on a PPP connection : it returns 5

> On the RB 2.1.2 online reference, 5 is not a correct value.

> Any clue ?

Yeah, this is wrong in the RB manuals.  Mine say that 3 is supposed to mean
that you have a connection already established (ie:  Currently Conected).
But on my system (I use OT and a PPP dialup connection) I get 5 returned
meaning a current conection.  In fact I've never had 2 or 3 being returned
for anything.  1 on my system means Idle and 4 is connecting (in the process
of making a connection).  I can't seem to get it to recognize Disconnecting
at all.

Anyway, in the book 'Real Basic: A definitive guide' the Authore points this
problem out as well.  He get similar results to what I'm receiving.

Wed, 29 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. xxxxx.ppp.ppp.ppp.xy

2. PPP-Status under OS X?

3. PPP-Status?

4. PPP Status in OS X

5. buggy code or buggy compiler?

6. Cygwin socket library status enquiry

7. Return Values vs Status Queries vs Status Messages

8. Establish PPP connection via Modem

9. Dial-up and PPP

10. PPP to send voice files as email

11. PPP For Forth