NNTP in RB
Author Message
 NNTP in RB

Is there a resource somewhere that would show me how to do
NNTP in RealBasic?

Yes I am a beginner...

Bob

Tue, 20 Jan 2004 05:24:18 GMT
 NNTP in RB

Quote:

> Is there a resource somewhere that would show me how to do
> NNTP in RealBasic?

> Yes I am a beginner...

> Bob

Hey Bob.

I've played around with NNTP a little in RB myself. I don't know of any
'pre-made' plugin or code that will talk with an NNTP server but you can
certainly do it with REALbasic.

Have you used the Socket control? This will alow you to talk TCP over
the Net to your NNTP server. It's then a matter of working out the
protocol that an NNTP server uses and make your program work with that.
You can find details on the NNTP protocol here:

http://www.mibsoftware.com/userkt/0099.htm

I did a little playing around, creating an NNTP client using this info
so hopefully it helps you out.

- Emil.

Fri, 23 Jan 2004 16:22:44 GMT
 NNTP in RB
<snip>

Quote:
> Hey Bob.

> I've played around with NNTP a little in RB myself. I don't know of any
> 'pre-made' plugin or code that will talk with an NNTP server but you can
> certainly do it with REALbasic.

> Have you used the Socket control? This will alow you to talk TCP over
> the Net to your NNTP server. It's then a matter of working out the
> protocol that an NNTP server uses and make your program work with that.
> You can find details on the NNTP protocol here:

> http://www.mibsoftware.com/userkt/0099.htm

> I did a little playing around, creating an NNTP client using this info
> so hopefully it helps you out.

> - Emil.

Thanks a bunch!

Sat, 24 Jan 2004 09:32:32 GMT

1. RB QuickStart Guider from RB

2. launching an RB app from another RB app - appleevents

3. RB Entwickler gesucht / RB Developers wanted

4. RB: row order by RB database

5. protocol.rb http.rb 1.1.24

6. replace setup.rb/install.rb with builtin module

7. install.rb/setup.rb question

8. Bugs corrected in DBD/ODBC/ODBC.rb and DBD/Proxy/Proxy.rb

9. Anyone doing anything with NNTP in Dolphin?

10. NNTP Socket

11. NNTP Plugin or class

12. REALbasic and NNTP?